Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Recruiting

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2024 Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think Micah is class of 2025. I watched his highlights and was scratching my head over why he didn't have a long offer list.
    I’m sure he’ll get plenty of offers. Might also have something to do with another SD kid in the 2024 class. Navarro Schunke is a highly ranked and sought after HWT that also has interest for football that hasn’t made his decision yet.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    I’m sure he’ll get plenty of offers. Might also have something to do with another SD kid in the 2024 class. Navarro Schunke is a highly ranked and sought after HWT that also has interest for football that hasn’t made his decision yet.
    Yes, I have seen lots of mention of Navarro Schulke for football!
    4 star rating - iirc the Jackrabbits made the 1st offer perhaps even as a FR,
    Knowing that he would be a big time recruit. It’s always nice to see the
    homestate people do that - that way if things don’t work out with the FBS
    they have a longstanding relationship.

https://247sports.com/player/navarro-schunke-46130761/

Minnesotan Alex Braun to Oklahoma. His brother was an NDSU wrestler and Alex has been fantastic this last year.

The old NDSU staff is killing it.

Bismarck's LJ Araujo visited NDSU. Sure would be nice to get him as the 2024 options are getting very thin.

Looks like he's visited NDSU, Northern Colorado, Columbia, and Oklahoma.

The guy I’d like to see them get after is 2024 Pinnacle 220 pounder Cy Kruse from Totino Grace. He took second in the Minnesota sate Tournament to Gavin Nelson (lost 8-4 in championship match). He recently had a great journeyman tournament that vaulted him in some national rankings. IMO the greatest recruiting need for this program is at HWT.
    Last edited by PaBizon; 10-04-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Oklahoma pulls the 35th overall recruit in the country, Bryce Burkett out of Minnesota for their 2025 class, after getting Alex Braun from Mn for their 2024 class.

If Oklahoma is going to consistently pull top tier MN guys, the NDSU staff is going to have to get very creative recruiting to field a decent team.

I don't expect NDSU to get LJ Araujo out of Bismarck either, so curious to see who they add for 2024.After Araujo commits, the vast majority of the regional kids in the top 100 will be gone.

Do we have fans in ND that are offering these young recruits some good paying summer job opportunities? Not necessarily a NIL but a kid knowing he has a good paying summer job and time to train might help them feel a little more comfortable. Need to find unique ways to lure these kids into committing until they realize how great a choice NDSU is for them. How about a snow mobile dealership that lets them use one to get around in the winter, something Oklahoma cant offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    Oklahoma pulls the 35th overall recruit in the country, Bryce Burkett out of Minnesota for their 2025 class, after getting Alex Braun from Mn for their 2024 class.

If Oklahoma is going to consistently pull top tier MN guys, the NDSU staff is going to have to get very creative recruiting to field a decent team.

I don't expect NDSU to get LJ Araujo out of Bismarck either, so curious to see who they add for 2024.After Araujo commits, the vast majority of the regional kids in the top 100 will be gone.
    Does creative mean grabbing successful Greco kids and trying to teach them the rest??

It wasn’t like Kish was realing in that many Top 100 Minnesota Guys when he was here (outside of his first year). NIL money talks and Kish has that now at Oklahoma.

I would love for NDSU to land an in state kid in Araujo as this program needs to secure the local boys. What makes you think he’s not coming here???? NIL money ? Coaching staff? Would have a great coach in Hidlay to work with.

The creative comment was in regards to the footprint they're going to have to pull from. Pulling quality kids from MN, ND, WI, and IA has traditionally been the core of the roster.

Kish went through a spell where he really hit California hard, and that had some decent results.

I'm curious what the geographic footprint is going to be with Blanc, Hidlay, Mattingly, and Francisco.

As far as targeting Greco guys, they badly need options and depth, so hey, worth a shot. But there hasn't been a team that has dove head first into primarily greco and achieved results even comparable to NDSU's results last year.

Araujo, was a guess based off of his visits and what I heard from one person. I have no idea where he will choose, just my guess based on what i've heard and observed

Screenshots_2023-10-16-21-28-56.jpg Araujo's top/final 7 picks, NDSU, SDSU, Gophers, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Northern Colorado, & Columbia