Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Recruiting

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default 2024 Recruiting

125 pounder Conner Knopick of Iowa St has entered the Transfer Portal. I believe the BiZon recruited him before he signed with the Cyclones. Not sure if he’d be a great upgrade but worst case he creates competition and lessens the drop off if Negrete were to get injured again.

184 pounder Roman Rogotzke of SDSU also entered the a portal. In the BiZon open he beat DJ Parker (before DJ got an a roll). Someone like him could give DJ the ability to take that red shirt year he never got if he and/or the BiZon wanted. He also wrestled some 195 in high school which means he could be an option at 197 if Pentz moves on after next year. We have very little depth at those two weights unless there’s a diamond in the ruff in next years recruits. Just some outside the box thinking as I have zero reason to believe ndsu would interest him. His younger brother signed with Ohio st for next year and he may want to go there to be in the same team.

Transfer Portal IMO is about to get really full due to the Covid returns
    Last edited by PaBizon; 03-22-2023 at 01:21 AM.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Default Re: 2024 Recruiting

Looks like all the incoming BiZon recruits won state titles except for the two from Minnesota. Both 113 pounder Olson (2024) and 184 pounder Cherne lost in their finals matches to take second place.

Bison were in on Knopick, but he hasn’t shown much. I’d take him, but I don’t think he’d be an upgrade on Negrete.

I’d love to bring Rogotzke in. Could give DJ a redshirt if he wants one, and if not, Rogotzke could take over at 197 after Pentz leaves. If they’re open to redshirting DJ, Rogotzke could come in and start at 184, then two years at 197.

I do know that there is a handful of schools that have reached out to Roman Rogotzke that he is considering, and one of those schools IS NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingMom View Post
    I do know that there is a handful of schools that have reached out to Roman Rogotzke that he is considering, and one of those schools IS NDSU
    That’s good news. Let’s hope he comes north.

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post

That’s good news. Let’s hope he comes north.
    So I’m guessing Rogotzke is behind Berge in SDSU’s room? Anyone know if they’re close in ability?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    So I’m guessing Rogotzke is behind Berge in SDSU’s room? Anyone know if they’re close in ability?
    He was behind King and Berge. That being said they’re all pretty equal in ability to this point. Rogotzke beat DJ and DJ beat both King and Berge this season. All were close matches.

NDSU_grad is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    He was behind King and Berge. That being said they’re all pretty equal in ability to this point. Rogotzke beat DJ and DJ beat both King and Berge this season. All were close matches.
    Thanks. I knew DJ beat Berge, and I was not really impressed with King this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU_grad View Post
    Thanks. I knew DJ beat Berge, and I was not really impressed with King this year.
    I honestly think with the pedigree that Berge came in with as a top level recruit he was going to be the guy his true freshman year. Then they put him out against the Gophers where he got turned a couple times and majored badly by Salazar. I think they decided after that match he would redshirt even though he’s probably beating king in the room. Berge is very good. Last year He dominated DJ in a free style match. Then DJ beats him in the dual this year. We’ll see if Berge takes that big step you expect to see from TF to RSFR.

Max Magayna from Waterloo Iowa commits to the BiZon for 2024. BiZon won out over UNI, Rutgers and the bunnies amongst others. Big Board #24 for Mat Scouts and #42 for Flo. 3x Iowa State Champion in the smallest division of 1A. He will be transferring high schools in Waterloo for his senior season and wrestling in the large school tournament as he goes for his 4th title.