Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default 2023 Transfer Portal

North Dakota State G Dezmond McKinney has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/dezmon
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    North Dakota State G Dezmond McKinney has entered the transfer portal. http://verbalcommits.com/players/dezmon
    Best of luck to Dez wherever he ends up. I thought he had potential, but Dave did a good job of recruiting him out of minutes. Saw this one coming. Let's hope there aren't a bunch more.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

The timing on this is a bit of a surprise. I've heard that players typically wait until May 15 so that the semester is over and the other kids in their classes can't make fun of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeBeach View Post
    The timing on this is a bit of a surprise. I've heard that players typically wait until May 15 so that the semester is over and the other kids in their classes can't make fun of them.
    that was football smartass

that was football smartass

and the difference is .............

Any NDSU predictions?

DWT, Miller to someplace bigger, they had a good freshman year.
    Morgan to St Thomas?
    Nelson to Wichita State (Paul Mills) or Creighton/Nebraska/Minnesota? (Duke guy on twitter posted his viral video and asked duke fans about him)

Any NDSU predictions?

Morgan to St Thomas?
    Nelson to Wichita State (Paul Mills) or Creighton/Nebraska/Minnesota? (Duke guy on twitter posted his viral video and asked duke fans about him)
    As a fan I have had enough of this transfer shit already. Why does any fan want to support teams that are going to be constantly and abruptly changing their rosters? Why follow what will now become developmental leagues? Why donate money to help pay scholarships to kids who only want more money, not the privilege to play at NDSU? If nothing is done NDSU and other colleges like it will see a significant drop in support.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    As a fan I have had enough of this transfer shit already. Why does any fan want to support teams that are going to be constantly and abruptly changing their rosters? Why follow what will now become developmental leagues? Why donate money to help pay scholarships to kids who only want more money, not the privilege to play at NDSU? If nothing is done NDSU and other colleges like it will see a significant drop in support.
    Adapt or die.

You can kick and scream all you want...but NDSU has no choice but to go with the flow of traffic if they want to stay relevant. Because a kid is going to forget about honoring their commitment and they damn sure wont care about the fans when Joe's Tires in Nebraska calls them up and says I'll give you $500k and new tires for you and all your friends if you do a couple commercials and put a bumper sticker on your car.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Adapt or die.

You can kick and scream all you want...but NDSU has no choice but to go with the flow of traffic if they want to stay relevant. Because a kid is going to forget about honoring their commitment and they damn sure wont care about the fans when Joe's Tires in Nebraska calls them up and says I'll give you $500k and new tires for you and all your friends if you do a couple commercials and put a bumper sticker on your car.
    This. unfortunately. Can't cheer for the players, only the team nowadays.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Any NDSU predictions?

Morgan to St Thomas?
    You're an idiot. Dez leaving because DWT is the guy and he wants to start, he was in line to, got hurt, the incoming freshman came in and took over. I was hoping he'd stay and be the backup but I can definitely understand him wanting a larger role, I wish him the best. Outside of Grant potentially leaving for the NBA I don't see anybody else leaving. If Dave recruits another PG with Dez's scholarship I wouldn't be surprised if Yoder would go...also wouldn't be upset about it but that's all the other movement I see.

Dez leaving means DWT is staying
    Miller hasn't done enough to go anywhere bigger yet and had plenty of other offers out of HS but chose NDSU
    Morgs is here for the Ag program NDSU has to offer, he's a farm kid who's gonna farm, basketball paying for it is just a bonus. St Thomas isn't a Ag school and isn't tourney eligible that literally makes no sense, you're just spewing bullshit like usual
    If you think Nelson is gonna go play for the bitch ass coach who lead to a scrum where he got suspended a game for throwing a punch you're even dumber than I thought. I think it's NBA or NDSU for Grant but once an agent gets involved shit can always get to be about the money and we'll see how that gets handled.