Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    He is a what naia player and from North Dakota
    You only want big time guys or metro kids so you should be cheering
    you have entered the SPIN ZONE. Unbison will be your tour guide. everything is fine. trust the process he didn't have right culture
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

For everyone who is lamenting that we didn't make Walters final list, how many of you have watched him before in college? If you have, you will notice that he is essentially the same player as Andrew Morgan...Walters is a better 3-point shooter, but Morgan is more athletic. My point is, you can't play the two of them at the same time. In modern basketball at the DI level, you would not have two players like them playing at the same time for long stretches.

Even if Walters is slightly better than Morgan, are you going to have the two of them split time? My guess is that Walters has no interest in that and it would just stunt the development of Morgan. Him coming here doesn't really make sense.

Again, here are some highlights of Walters. You can find more on the internet. You will notice him and Morgan have the exact same favorite move...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi6oiXXnry8

lol doh k... hey everyone! we won't take that 7 footer from U Conn because he'd have to share time with Andrew Morgan. don't bother looking for a 5.

you guys on here pumped him up for months then poof. ndsu can't even make his top 10 and ndsu basketball is in a tier below that 10 garbage teams he listed

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you have entered the SPIN ZONE. Unbison will be your tour guide. everything is fine. trust the process he didn't have right culture
    No spin these are your talking points over and over
    And over
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    lol doh k... hey everyone! we won't take that 7 footer from U Conn because he'd have to share time with Andrew Morgan. don't bother looking for a 5.

you guys on here pumped him up for months then poof. ndsu can't even make his top 10 and ndsu basketball is in a tier below that 10 garbage teams he listed
    I spent no time pumping up Walters...I have seen him play and have always felt the way I wrote about earlier.

You are seriously comparing a guy who has only played NAIA basketball and plays the game below the rim to a 7 foot guy from UConn...ok. To somehow believe that Walters is a step up from Morgan is a hard sell...again look at the highlights...same player. That scholarship is better used on a back-up PG and a stretch 4 (which Walters is not) if/when Grant leaves. Those two spots are much bigger needs for this team next year.

Of course I don't want a f#&(cking naia player....or a d3 Yoder or a d2 guy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Jamestown sun reporter...

Max O'Neill
    @MaxONeill16
    According to sources,
    @masonwalters24
    has cut his list down to eight schools and will start going on visits this weekend starting with Wyoming. The list is:
    Wyoming
    Bradley
    Southern Illinois
    Montana St
    Drake
    Pacific
    Furman
    UT Arlington
    Kind of surprised that Boise State didn't make the list. Figured his parents may have been pushing such pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU View Post
    Kind of surprised that Boise State didn't make the list. Figured his parents may have been pushing such pretty hard.
    Boise just got a kid who transferred from KU (Martin) so that may have been a factor.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Boise just got a kid who transferred from KU (Martin) so that may have been a factor.
    Makes sense, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by fbmind View Post
    For everyone who is lamenting that we didn't make Walters final list, how many of you have watched him before in college? If you have, you will notice that he is essentially the same player as Andrew Morgan...Walters is a better 3-point shooter, but Morgan is more athletic. My point is, you can't play the two of them at the same time. In modern basketball at the DI level, you would not have two players like them playing at the same time for long stretches.

Even if Walters is slightly better than Morgan, are you going to have the two of them split time? My guess is that Walters has no interest in that and it would just stunt the development of Morgan. Him coming here doesn't really make sense.

Again, here are some highlights of Walters. You can find more on the internet. You will notice him and Morgan have the exact same favorite move...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi6oiXXnry8
    He would be a better player to use than Josh Striet. Josh gives you 100% effort but is lacking on scoring and not as good at defense as Walters.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.