Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Transfer Portal

Default Re: 2023 Transfer Portal

cheer for NDSU the team not the player
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    SD I agree with your sentiments. But it is what it is. All we can do as fans is wait and see how this all shakes out then determine what your level of support will be based on this new format.
    What are you referring to when you say "wait and see how this all shakes out?" What exactly are you waiting for and how long do you wait? Are you referring to further developments or changes to the transfer portal / free agency / NIL / college athletes are now college employees / player unions?

I'm not being a dick, as you so often point out to others when they ask you questions on here. I'm genuinely curious what you mean.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    You just wake up from a coma and realize what real life is all about? If that’s the case, I hate to break it to you but many of the hospital employees moved to different jobs while you were out. Do you stop eating at McDonald’s if they hire a new cashier? I’m assuming you hate all pro sorts cause of free agency.
    Thanks Dom, but I've explained why that is a poor analogy.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    What are you referring to when you say "wait and see how this all shakes out?" What exactly are you waiting for and how long do you wait? Are you referring to further developments or changes to the transfer portal / free agency / NIL / college athletes are now college employees / player unions?

I'm not being a dick, as you so often point out to others when they ask you questions on here. I'm genuinely curious what you mean.

I didnt take your questions as dicky.
    I am waiting to see how the NCAA is going to get a handle on this. Im also waiting to see what develops with NDSU in this regard as well as far as NIL and the transfer portal.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I am waiting to see how the NCAA is going to get a handle on this. Im also waiting to see what develops with NDSU in this regard as well as far as NIL and the transfer portal.
    ***EDIT, SORRY EVERYONE, I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS WAS THE BASKETBALL THREAD*** Ok, makes sense. I'm probably in the same boat. I don't really mind the NIL much...chaching, get paid! I can see where it may ruffle feathers in the locker room if your non-star starting QB has an NIL worth $50,000-$100,000 while a 2 time-all conference, pre-season All-American right guard has a NIL worth a tank of gas.

The transfer portal is really killing things for me. As fan, you start to feel like you "know" a player a little bit and then poof, he is gone.

I reduced our FB season tickets from 7 to 4 this season. I can't get my family members to go, it's hard to sell them at face value when there are thousands of unsold tickets that can be picked up the day before a game, and we will probably blow out the teams on our home schedule this year. Maine, Central AR, South Dakota, W. Illinois, Murray State, and Southern Illinois don't move the needle much compared to 5-10 years ago. I don't feel the "need" to go sit inside a dome on those nice fall afternoons compared to a few years ago. Tailgating is still fun though. I used to enjoy the games way more than tailgating, but that has definitely flipped for me in the last 5 years.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    ***EDIT, SORRY EVERYONE, I DIDN'T NOTICE THIS WAS THE BASKETBALL THREAD*** Ok, makes sense. I'm probably in the same boat. I don't really mind the NIL much...chaching, get paid! I can see where it may ruffle feathers in the locker room if your non-star starting QB has an NIL worth $50,000-$100,000 while a 2 time-all conference, pre-season All-American right guard has a NIL worth a tank of gas.

The transfer portal is really killing things for me. As fan, you start to feel like you "know" a player a little bit and then poof, he is gone.

I reduced our FB season tickets from 7 to 4 this season. I can't get my family members to go, it's hard to sell them at face value when there are thousands of unsold tickets that can be picked up the day before a game, and we will probably blow out the teams on our home schedule this year. Maine, Central AR, South Dakota, W. Illinois, Murray State, and Southern Illinois don't move the needle much compared to 5-10 years ago. I don't feel the "need" to go sit inside a dome on those nice fall afternoons compared to a few years ago. Tailgating is still fun though. I used to enjoy the games way more than tailgating, but that has definitely flipped for me in the last 5 years.
    Wait, you still tailgate?

As of now I'm only planning on going up to the US Bank game...but I'm sure I'll randomly throw in one trip to Fargo. It does get hard to justify the tickets anymore.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Honestly tailgating after the 3rd quarter is my favorite now based on last fall. Don’t pay for overpriced beer. Sun is pretty warm and headed towards sunset in late season. Dome dudes don’t bother us too much to get going like postgame tailgate. Watch the traffic dissipate before heading out. Postgame recap on 1660 is awesome.

There is no NCAA manageability with this. This is what it is moving forward. The NCAA has lost any leverage it has with this. I don't like what it is, but this is a fair American market. The schools and the NCAA have profited for years off these players. They are employees of the school, and the schools have treated it as such. There should be no school leverage for players in 4 year "contracts". The schools have always operated on "1 year renewals" with these players and have had the ability to simply remove their commitment at any time. The players should be allowed the same process. I hate it, it's made college sports ugly and not as enjoyable, but it is what it is and it's the way it should be.

Am glad to see Creighton get this commit, Isaac Traudt - 6’ 10” PF from Grand Island who was at Virginia for his freshman season. The Bluejays are recruiting St Thomas Portal player Andrew Rohde also. Minnesota with a chance on Rohde also.

Perhaps Traudt fishing will help keep Coach McDermott away from Devils Lake Walleye fishing…..

https://gocreighton.com/news/2023/3/...ac-traudt.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Am glad to see Creighton get this commit, Isaac Traudt - 6’ 10” PF from Grand Island who was at Virginia for his freshman season. The Bluejays are recruiting St Thomas Portal player Andrew Rohde also. Minnesota with a chance on Rohde also.

Perhaps Traudt fishing will help keep Coach McDermott away from Devils Lake Walleye fishing…..

https://gocreighton.com/news/2023/3/...ac-traudt.aspx
    McDermott is using the Summit league as his development league!