Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Practice 2023

Default Re: Spring Practice 2023

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Retention went out the window with the portal and NIL. Even many P5's have to reload. It's the new reality of NCAA.
    We need to either poach other FCS schools, or get the FBS guys looking for more playing time.
    The new portal rule only allowing one transfer without a waiver will help things here, I think…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Retention went out the window with the portal and NIL. Even many P5's have to reload. It's the new reality of NCAA.
    We need to either poach other FCS schools, or get the FBS guys looking for more playing time.
    Only if they look at keeping players the way that they've always done. If they start looking at retention the way businesses do, they might change some things. I look at the way retention works in my tiny office given an incredibly tight labor market. We've had to make some pretty radical changes to our strategy over the last 12-18 months. (I sometimes hate being an employer, by the way...)
    Insert something clever here...

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I didn't like the pointed question by Kolpack to Entz in the spring practice presser about NDSU being over with as a rumor from the FCS or whatever he Kolpy said it came from. Good answer by Entz that he does not listen to things he cant control. On the flip side, yes we will need to use the portal to stay in the mix of being a top seed in the playoff picture. Need to establish a fan based NIL like K state has done to help out with that reality even though some of us dont like the portal or the NIL its is now a reality to stay competetive. Call Klieman maybe he has contacts on their NIL startup.

https://catsnil.com/
    Let's Go Bison!!!

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is the truth. The reduction of scholarships killed the DII dynasty. NIL and the portal has changed the game again. Retention and player development which had been the foundation of our FCS dynasty will be difficult to maintain. Adapt or die!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    what's the info. we ain't giving them clicks
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Yeah who would want to support our local publication?

High-level: Moving back to 2 D Line coaches instead of just one (Goeser and Phelps) and general discussion on depth at the End position…

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Why would you not want to give Jeff Kolpack,our best writer,a click? I encourage everyone to click Jeffs story

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    That has zero to do with recruiting. They lost 4 RBs to the portal that they were expecting back this year.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    They also lost a WR. My issue isn't that we only have 4 on the roster its the ratio of WR to RB. even if transfers dont happen its still twice as many wide receivers. Now I will admit I don't know the breakdown of scholly vs walk ons in the makeup

Jeff & mcfooly are clowns with zero access.

Practice has been uneventful, WHICH IS A GOOD THING. Lots of Reps for players though, as we are missing 10+ for portal, etc reasons. So that's the good news!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?