Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Practice 2023

Default Re: Spring Practice 2023

Speak the truth^^
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think SDSU is just the new hot thing for this season. Took down the giant last year (giant of the decade but not last year) and rightfully so should be the clear favorite for next year as well. That success will increase player retention and recruiting. If they don't maintain it the transfer portal will hit them just like everyone else.

That being said, I can see Bison football being less relaxed and more workman like than most other programs so if our absolute dominance(guaranteed rings) is weening/ending at the same time as transfer portal rules relaxing so much.....That's rough timing. We'll always be competitive because of the culture and heritage of this program being a proven developmental program but hoarding all the top end talent might take a dip for awhile.

I've chosen to take this opportunity to embrace no longer having the stress of Championship or Failure. I think it is perfectly reasonable to enjoy a likely very successful 2023 season, watch players develop, and hope for a championship but not value the season on that specific outcome.
    Rixen

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    I've chosen to take this opportunity to embrace no longer having the stress of Championship or Failure. I think it is perfectly reasonable to enjoy a likely very successful 2023 season, watch players develop, and hope for a championship but not value the season on that specific outcome.
    Mostly agree, though I really want us to win the Marker back this year. Even if we don't win another title, do NOT want to see us take a back seat to SDSU. That would be frustrating.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    Mostly agree, though I really want us to win the Marker back this year. Even if we don't win another title, do NOT want to see us take a back seat to SDSU. That would be frustrating.
    I agree with that comment as well. It's great to expect championships but to consider anything less than that a failure is disappointing. What the Bison did the last 12 years is insane. There were several close games in that run that could have resulted in fewer championships. Enjoy the run and the effort by the teams. Success can create unrealistic expectations and that seems to be happening. The Bison coaches and players aren't failing.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

It will also be interesting to see if SDSU can have similar success with a new head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixen View Post
    I think SDSU is just the new hot thing for this season. Took down the giant last year (giant of the decade but not last year) and rightfully so should be the clear favorite for next year as well. That success will increase player retention and recruiting. If they don't maintain it the transfer portal will hit them just like everyone else.

That being said, I can see Bison football being less relaxed and more workman like than most other programs so if our absolute dominance(guaranteed rings) is weening/ending at the same time as transfer portal rules relaxing so much.....That's rough timing. We'll always be competitive because of the culture and heritage of this program being a proven developmental program but hoarding all the top end talent might take a dip for awhile.

It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    It will also be interesting to see if SDSU can have similar success with a new head coach.
    STIG was merely a figurehead for about the last 2-3 years, don't kid yourself.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Hire Vigen Save Season
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ........and you know this how??? You're an expert on sdsu football, ok, who was calling the shots? OC ? DC? I get it ..... those two got together on Friday nights over beer and pizza and decided on a game plan and who to play..... Conversation must have gone something like this...." I want to start him, him, and him with him getting most of the carries. " The other coach says, "Sounds good to me, who's turn is it to call Stig and tell him?"

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah Stig didn’t carry around those clip boards and wear those vests to not call the shots!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Then you must have knowledge of which assistant coach (or coaches) were actually calling the shots. Did SDSU hire the right one to be the new head coach?
    Go Jackrabbits!