Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spring Practice 2023

Default Spring Practice 2023

Article from Kolpack this morning details the situation pretty well:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...s-than-answers

The key stat I liked that he pointed out was that even though our Defense was rAnKeD #9 iN sCoRiNg DeFeNsE iN tHe FcS… we averaged roughly 10 ppg more allowed than in any other season during our championship run.

The only unit without Question marks is the O-line…

A rare feeling, indeed, Jeffrey.
    Last edited by heffray; 03-21-2023 at 10:22 PM.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Default Re: Spring Practice 2023

Entz & company need to hit the Portal. Period.

Use the NDSU name and all we've built up the last 10 years in this Dynasty and the NFL CRED & FIND SOME POWER 5 FBS DUDES.

Recruiting has been below average for what NDSU has been accustomed too so its time for 1 year to take this approach!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Entz & company need to hit the Portal. Period.

Use the NDSU name and all we've built up the last 10 years in this Dynasty and the NFL CRED & FIND SOME POWER 5 FBS DUDES.

Recruiting has been below average for what NDSU has been accustomed too so its time for 1 year to take this approach!!
    How very true Chapo!
    Recruiting not as good with Entz. SDSU doing a much better job. Who is the dynasty?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    How very true Chapo!
    Recruiting not as good with Entz. SDSU doing a much better job. Who is the dynasty?
    well we've had 5-6 commits poached by FBS teams b4 they even got here, that's 1 issue.

NDSU needs to us their Equity built up during the run and cash it in and see if we can get some Big Legit Transfers in.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Article from Kolpack this morning details the situation pretty well:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...s-than-answers

The key stat I liked that he pointed out was that even though our Defense was rAnKeD #9 iN sCoRiNg DeFeNsE iN tHe FcS… we averaged roughly 10 ppg less in any other season during our championship run.
    Just to avoid confusion, the defense was giving up about 10 more points than usual (i.e. over 20 ppg). Heck, the defense gave up 77 in the last two playoff games alone. For reference, is more than NDSU game up in any playoff run except 2014 (86). The defense was out of juice.

I'd also say that the offensive line has the fewest questions, but that doesn't mean that there are no questions there. I'm certainly excited to see some of the young guys play.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Just to avoid confusion, the defense was giving up about 10 more points than usual (i.e. over 20 ppg). Heck, the defense gave up 77 in the last two playoff games alone. For reference, is more than NDSU game up in any playoff run except 2014 (86). The defense was out of juice.

I'd also say that the offensive line has the fewest questions, but that doesn't mean that there are no questions there. I'm certainly excited to see some of the young guys play.
    sound the alarms tony!

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post

Yes thanks, I’ll fix my poorly worded point there…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm pretty much checking out on following NDSU football.

My main team looks like NDSU used to and has made consecutive CFB playoffs and has everyone back next year. Enjoy 9-4 next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    I'm pretty much checking out on following NDSU football.

My main team looks like NDSU used to and has made consecutive CFB playoffs and has everyone back next year. Enjoy 9-4 next year.
    I'm glad you are checking out this season, please checkout of this board and take your uniformed crap somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    I'm glad you are checking out this season, please checkout of this board and take your uniformed crap somewhere else.
    On Bisonville, I always assume the /s is implied on posts like reformedUNDfan's (i.e. Bisonville's Razor: never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by sarcasm... until there is no choice?)