Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: March Madness 2023

Default March Madness 2023

LOL: UVA the slowest team in the bracket (61.5 possessions per game) walks right into an upset. If they’d have played 11 more possessions (the fastest team in the bracket averages 72.5) who do you suppose would have won?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: March Madness 2023

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    LOL: UVA the slowest team in the bracket (61.5 possessions per game) walks right into an upset. If they’d have played 11 more possessions (the fastest team in the bracket averages 72.5) who do you suppose would have won?
    UMBC Labradors... AGAIN! LOLOL

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Not a great look for ORU or the Summit League at half. I thought this was the worst possible #5 seed matchup for them when the brackets were revealed, but woof...

NDSU played #1 overall Duke with Zion Williamson and were only down 4 points at halftime...

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Not a great look for ORU or the Summit League at half. I thought this was the worst possible #5 seed matchup for them when the brackets were revealed, but woof...

NDSU played #1 overall Duke with Zion Williamson and were only down 4 points at halftime...
    I knew this would be brought up... Figured Lakes would be the one doing it though...
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post

Mentioned it in the SLT tourney thread but whatever curse the Bison had in the SLT title game in terms of playing uncharacteristically poor was passed along to ORU. Jurgens, Mwamba, and Thompson looked just as terrified around the basket shooting layups as all the NDSU players did in the SLT title game. Abmas was just giving the ball away off the dribble - like Grant Nelson in the SLT title game looked like a thoroughly average player.

I blame SDSU... they gave the "play like ass in your next game" curse to NDSU who gave it to ORU. Now watch Duke look like garbage tomorrow against Tennesse as the curse of the Jackrabbits continues to rage on.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Mentioned it in the SLT tourney thread but whatever curse the Bison had in the SLT title game in terms of playing uncharacteristically poor was passed along to ORU. Jurgens, Mwamba, and Thompson looked just as terrified around the basket shooting layups as all the NDSU players did in the SLT title game. Abmas was just giving the ball away off the dribble - like Grant Nelson in the SLT title game looked like a thoroughly average player.

I blame SDSU... they gave the "play like ass in your next game" curse to NDSU who gave it to ORU. Now watch Duke look like garbage tomorrow against Tennesse as the curse of the Jackrabbits continues to rage on.
    I hope that is true, if only to shit on SDSU another way. Plus Duke loooooosing would help my bracket.

1 seed Purdue in trouble against Fairleigh Dickinson
    Down 56-53 1:44 to go
    Last edited by bruinbison; 03-18-2023 at 01:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    1 seed Purdue in trouble against Farleigh Dickinson
    Down 56-53 1:44 to go
    Another slow team. If they do down three of the four slowest first round favorites will have been upset.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Fairleigh Dickinson - 12,000 students in New Jersey
    5 point lead less than a second to go