Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 LastLast

Thread: NCAA's

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NCAA's

I never saw that coming. I think Carr a couple years ago is the last time I can recall him getting turned.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    I never saw that coming. I think Carr a couple years ago is the last time I can recall him getting turned.
    And Humphreys is good on top, but he usually is more of a rider than turner.

After watching Humphrey’s twice in a couple days he’s dominant on top and better offensively than Jared.

Well I’d say a very successful tournament garnering two ALL Americans. I easily would have taken that before the season. Here’s to hoping this leads to some positive recruiting results and a continued positive trend for the program.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Well I’d say a very successful tournament garnering two ALL Americans. I easily would have taken that before the season. Here’s to hoping this leads to some positive recruiting results and a continued positive trend for the program.
    Yes, I would say so. The AA's are what this tournament is all about. I was hoping for a couple more wins from the other guys, but there is room to grow.

I've mentioned this before, but I think the parity this year is fantastic. Aside from the Penn State all-stars with 5 guys in the finals, there are 2 from Cornell, and then 13 guys from different schools.

By conference:

PSU: 5
    Rest of Big Ten: 5
    Big XII: 5
    All Others: 5

From the Big XII, that includes one from UNI, one from SDSU, and one from Northern Colorado.

Overall, good result for the squad. Like previously mentioned, the AAs are what's important, and NDSU came away with 2 of them.

Plenty of room for growth too. DJ seems likely to improve his seed significantly.

149 thins out quite a bit and Kellyn could contend for AA status with improvement.

165...doesn't thin out at all.

197 loses some very veteran guys and Pentz should be a blood round guy next year.

I think it's feasible to qualify some of 125, 133, 141, 174, and HWT next year and probably have a couple wins from those weights.

I would be very disappointed if the Bison qualify less than 7 next year (barring injuries and transfers). If they put Johnson at 174, and kish has put together a nice lineup if 125/133 show a pulse.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I've mentioned this before, but I think the parity this year is fantastic. Aside from the Penn State all-stars with 5 guys in the finals, there are 2 from Cornell, and then 13 guys from different schools.

By conference:

PSU: 5
    Rest of Big Ten: 5
    Big XII: 5
    All Others: 5

From the Big XII, that includes one from UNI, one from SDSU, and one from Northern Colorado.
    I love the parity. When ndsu and sdsu have the same number of All Americans as Minnesota and Oklahoma State you know it’s changing. All Americans by conf were
    Big 10 - 33
    Big 12 - 17
    ACC - 12
    EIWA - 8
    PAC 12 - 7
    MAC - 3

Man, Austin O'Connor definitely deserved that NCAA title at 157. What a performance.

Fortunately, he's done after this year.

Truth be told, I thought this O'Connor was the best, then Humphreys, then Franek/Haines. Humphreys, like Franek has another year of eligibility if he wants it.