Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: NIL money funding support

  1. #1
    bisoneer's Avatar
    bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,291

    Default NIL money funding support

    I see that Wichita State has 2 basketball alumni starting to beat the drum to provide NIL money which can help recruit and retain players to bolster its program. Is there an effort to do that here?
    Let's Go Bison!!!

  2. #2
    kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,439

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    I see that Wichita State has 2 basketball alumni starting to beat the drum to provide NIL money which can help recruit and retain players to bolster its program. Is there an effort to do that here?
    What's the new source of funding that isn't already captured by Teammakers/NDSU Alumni foundation? Also are NIL payments tax deductible? maybe they are if the student athlete recognizes the income, but this could be an obstacle as well.

  3. #3
    kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,439

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    What's the new source of funding that isn't already captured by Teammakers/NDSU Alumni foundation? Also are NIL payments tax deductible? maybe they are if the student athlete recognizes the income, but this could be an obstacle as well.
    I got clarity on this point of income to the player. It is taxable which makes sense, then a company can take the deduction if it is a legitimate business purpose. So it would have to be advertising. But you can get to that point already by advertising at NDSU, the staduims, shac on their programs.

    An individual that doesn't have a business can't deduct, whereas the contribution to teammakers may have a tax benefit.

    I just don't see a large pool of contributors to the NIL pot.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North Fargo
    Posts
    9,980

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    You guys. It’s literally ON KEVIN’S SIG LINE!!!

    FFucksS, it’s like I’m taking CRAZY PILLS OVER HERE!!!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

  5. #5
    bisoneer's Avatar
    bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,291

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Sorry but I am not on here enough to see all of that apparently.
    Let's Go Bison!!!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NYC and Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    24,784

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Quote Originally Posted by bisoneer View Post
    Sorry but I am not on here enough to see all of that apparently.
    Yeah, I don't know what the status of an NIL initiative is either, and I'm on here a fair bit.

    I don't recall Kevin's signature either... I'm guessing it's an advertisement for a new digital currency called Bro-Coin, "For bros who bro hard, bro."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,639

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Sorry it should be close to 500 but I needed beer and cigarettes.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    NYC and Bucks County, PA
    Posts
    24,784

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Sorry it should be close to 500 but I needed beer and cigarettes.
    Ha! Thanks, Kevin!

    PS
    Apparently BroCoin is already a thing... and has been for a while. I gotta be quicker.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,639

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Ha! Thanks, Kevin!

    PS
    Apparently BroCoin is already a thing... and has been for a while. I gotta be quicker.
    Where do you think I got the money to start Broseed?
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ankeny, Iowa
    Posts
    5,100

    Default Re: NIL money funding support

    Is the Cost of Attendance part of Team Makers still in existence (Bison Pride Fund)?
    Hail The Bison! The March Is Still On!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •