Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Oral Roberts is a stupid name bro.
    Tell that to his brother, Anal....

Default Re: SLT FINALS: vs ORU

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    He was a stupid person, but I digress.
    Ever see Moral Orel on adult swim?

If not, go check youtube for it.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

So to turn the subject to our favorite little opposing head coach to hate on - how telling is it that Paul Mills took a team like Oral Roberts to the Sweet 16 2 years ago and still hasn't parlayed that into a better job? They're sitting one spot outside the AP Top 25 right now. If he's still at ORU next year you can be pretty sure it's not just our NDSU bias that's showing through when it comes to his personality issues.

Strommer10 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    So to turn the subject to our favorite little opposing head coach to hate on - how telling is it that Paul Mills took a team like Oral Roberts to the Sweet 16 2 years ago and still hasn't parlayed that into a better job? They're sitting one spot outside the AP Top 25 right now. If he's still at ORU next year you can be pretty sure it's not just our NDSU bias that's showing through when it comes to his personality issues.
    I would be surprised if Mills is back at ORU next season. I think he has been building ORU for Abmas' final season and will spring-board that up the coaching ladder in the offseason.

Personally, I hope that he stays. He has made ORU very strong. An NDSU/SDSU/ORU top of the Summit League is much better than the league was when NDSU first joined. Also I like having opposing coaches that you love to hate (Kampe @ Oakland, & Sutton @ ORU come to mind).

To say this would be an epic upset is an understatement. We need the Nelson to play his best and a great supporting cast

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Ever see Moral Orel on adult swim?

If not, go check youtube for it.
    That’s a hard maybe. I’ll see if I have time…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Strommer10 is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    To say this would be an epic upset is an understatement. We need the Nelson to play his best and a great supporting cast
    Keys tonight:
    DWT needs to lock up Abmas like he did to Mayo last night. That was almost a "Kory Brown" level of effort last night from him on the defensive end. If NDSU lets Abmas run wild, its over and doesn't matter what else happens.

On offense: Grant will get his 20+ & Boden will get his 15. NDSU needs that 3rd scoring threat. At least one of DWT, Morgan or Miller needs another breakout game tonight. Dave's shortened the rotation to essentially 6 guys (plus Streit for fouls on Vanover tonight).

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    I would be surprised if Mills is back at ORU next season. I think he has been building ORU for Abmas' final season and will spring-board that up the coaching ladder in the offseason.

Personally, I hope that he stays. He has made ORU very strong. An NDSU/SDSU/ORU top of the Summit League is much better than the league was when NDSU first joined. Also I like having opposing coaches that you love to hate (Kampe @ Oakland, & Sutton @ ORU come to mind).
    Crazy thing is I think Abmas could use his COVID year and come back again next year if he really wanted to.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve wondered the last 2 years, what’s the Abmas/Obanor relationship is like today, and the ORU fan take on both players? Just think if KO was still playing for ORU, they’d be that much stronger. High major good.

I guess we’d be pretty strong with Griesel, Eady and Hays too.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Crazy thing is I think Abmas could use his COVID year and come back again next year if he really wanted to.
    True, but Max has made it clear his fourth season with ORU will be his last. What remains to be seen is whether he goes pro, or plays a fifth year for a P5 program.

Regardless, he will remain one of the more beloved ORU players in history; he could have bolted either of the past two season and no one would have blamed him, but he chose to stay. ORU and the Summit League all benefitted.