Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: SLT FINALS: vs ORU

Default Re: SLT FINALS: vs ORU

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I like the aggression but he's gotten blocked like 4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You can say anyone in Summit League would've lost to ORU the way they played tonight but I'd say the Bison would've lost to anyone in the Summit League the way they played tonight. As good as ORU is they made them look way better with lazy defense/box outs and no offensive aggressiveness.

Still the end of the season is something they can build on going into next year if they can retain the contributors. Hopefully that wasn't Grant Nelson's last game as a Bison because it was a forgettable one.
    ORU beat NDSU by 30, SDSU by 40 and USD by 50. Oddly UND and St Thomas played them close

Our style is just a bad matchup. You beat them by shooting 3's and midrange jumpers. Their center is next level and he was in their heads. We dont have anyone to match up against him. I hate that style of basketball that involves launching thees but duh. Only way to beat ORU

Next year will be our year

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Well that last bucket by the Bison was huge! They only lost by 34. Preserving the record for largest margin of victory in a Summit championship game at 36. Set by NDSU vs UND. Lol
    Silver Linings. yes!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I don't care how good ORU is that beat down was plain embarrassing. Our players didn't show up and Dave Richman still sucks. Told the fans at the pep rally before the Bison were playing to win. LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    ORU beat NDSU by 30, SDSU by 40 and USD by 50. Oddly UND and St Thomas played them close

Our style is just a bad matchup. You beat them by shooting 3's and midrange jumpers. Their center is next level and he was in their heads. We dont have anyone to match up against him. I hate that style of basketball that involves launching thees but duh. Only way to beat ORU

Next year will be our year
    The only other way to match up is to have a big that can play above the rim and get their crotch in a 7-5 centers face. The guy is 7-5 but he's a bean pole. Need muscle inside like Dex and some flying elbows. That guy can be pushed around but you cant shoot over him

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

ORU looks like an elite NCAA tournament team. They could play with anybody. I wonder how they got those players.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Did they win eh?

Lardsin must go!

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    You can say anyone in Summit League would've lost to ORU the way they played tonight but I'd say the Bison would've lost to anyone in the Summit League the way they played tonight. As good as ORU is they made them look way better with lazy defense/box outs and no offensive aggressiveness.

Still the end of the season is something they can build on going into next year if they can retain the contributors. Hopefully that wasn't Grant Nelson's last game as a Bison because it was a forgettable one.
    You nailed it. ORU is a really good mid-major basketball team and they are going to be a tough out for anyone in the tournament. They have size inside, good guards and a superstar in Abmas. That being said, they aren't as good as we made them look last night and they aren't as good as the Summit League made them look this entire season.

That type of team should be the goal for NDSU. I know it's not attainable to have that type of team every year in the Summit but with legitimate funding, good coaching/player development and some luck it isn't some impossible, unattainable dream. Making excuses about why we can't get there more consistently isn't going to do anything. A 27-30 win team every so often with 22-25 win teams consistently should be the standard for NDSU in the Summit. A really solid mid-major basketball team should win 13-15 games in Summit Conference play. Get another 7-10 wins OOC and your in that 20-25 win range every year. The competition in this league, or lack thereof, should be more incentive to push to be the absolute dominant force. Look what we have accomplished so far and in my opinion the administration hasn't done much to get behind the program. If they showed some more support, I don't think it is too far fetched to think that we couldn't absolutely become the clear #1 program in the conference and position ourselves for opportunities to build a national reputation outside of the Summit.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    You nailed it. ORU is a really good mid-major basketball team and they are going to be a tough out for anyone in the tournament. They have size inside, good guards and a superstar in Abmas. That being said, they aren't as good as we made them look last night and they aren't as good as the Summit League made them look this entire season.

That type of team should be the goal for NDSU. I know it's not attainable to have that type of team every year in the Summit but with legitimate funding, good coaching/player development and some luck it isn't some impossible, unattainable dream. Making excuses about why we can't get there more consistently isn't going to do anything. A 27-30 win team every so often with 22-25 win teams consistently should be the standard for NDSU in the Summit. A really solid mid-major basketball team should win 13-15 games in Summit Conference play. Get another 7-10 wins OOC and your in that 20-25 win range every year. The competition in this league, or lack thereof, should be more incentive to push to be the absolute dominant force. Look what we have accomplished so far and in my opinion the administration hasn't done much to get behind the program. If they showed some more support, I don't think it is too far fetched to think that we couldn't absolutely become the clear #1 program in the conference and position ourselves for opportunities to build a national reputation outside of the Summit.
    Nonsense. I have been ASSURED that our ceiling is exactly where we are at and yesterday is perfectly acceptable.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

seems a little quiet in here this morning. . . the knee padders don't want to discuss it.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

DORMIE is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Aside from running into a buzz saw, 13 3's, having to play 3 day's
    in a row had to be tough on this young team against a team that
    had played one game with a day's rest. Probably never played
    back to back games all year.