Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wnit

Default Wnit

Unless a miracle happens, the Jacks will have a blowout win this afternoon and head to the NCAA tournament. That means NDSU will get the conference autobid to the WNIT. Dom Izzo just said on Hot Mic that the talked to Matt Larsen and he told him that NDSU has submitted a bid to host a first round game. I believe it is a minimum $6,500. I hope we get it, and hope fans show up. For how poor and and beat mediocre this program has been in its DI history; this team deserves some recognition and support for a great season, and hopefully a start to a turn back to grewtness.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Default Re: Wnit

I think a home playoff game in the WNIT would be transformational for the program. Basketball is starting to get some old school BSA energy back (that it lost after wr were moved to Scheels arena off campus for a few years) in both mens and womens basketball

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Unless a miracle happens, the Jacks will have a blowout win this afternoon and head to the NCAA tournament. That means NDSU will get the conference autobid to the WNIT. Dom Izzo just said on Hot Mic that the talked to Matt Larsen and he told him that NDSU has submitted a bid to host a first round game. I believe it is a minimum $6,500. I hope we get it, and hope fans show up. For how poor and and beat mediocre this program has been in its DI history; this team deserves some recognition and support for a great season, and hopefully a start to a turn back to grewtness.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Another reason why I Bisonville…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jacks win 93 to 51.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Wondering how many people need to attend to make it break even for NDSU. Will there be enough?
    El Chapo can just stay home.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Wondering how many people need to attend to make it break even for NDSU. Will there be enough?
    El Chapo can just stay home.
    I don't think I've ever been to one, so you're good.

even if the bid is $10k-$25
    1000-1500 People @ $12 ticket is break even. it'd be close
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I remember going to WBB games in early 90's that were packed to the rafters. I also remember going to the double header for UND and leaving after the women's game was done. It would be so awesome to have that kind of following again some day.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I remember going to WBB games in early 90's that were packed to the rafters. I also remember going to the double header for UND and leaving after the women's game was done. It would be so awesome to have that kind of following again some day.
    wow that's crazy.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I just did a search for but could not find an old article from around 1995 / 1996 / 1997 that was published in Sports Illustrated (I think) that highlighted the D2 WBB following at UND and NDSU, focusing on a game between the two schools. It was a cool article as I remember, discussing how unique the conditions were at the time. If I remember correctly, it was around the time when it was shifting from NDSU winning a few (5, I think?) D1 Championships in a row to UND winning about 3 in a row. The 90's were totally dominated by the Nodak schools.

For at least a few years, they held the D2 National Championship game at the BSA. I went to two of those and they were really fun.

I remember when NDSU made the announcement for going D1, I really thought that WBB would by far have the easiest transition and was stunned to see the program struggle so much.
    Insert something clever here...