Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: SLT Quarterfinal: vs South Dakota

Default Re: SLT Quarterfinal: vs South Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    1. I could not understand the outrage about the no call at the end for the Yotes. I didn't understand it at the time, and after watching the replay numerous times, I still don't. Even during the regular part of the game, that likely is not called, and you sure as heck are not going to get the call right at the end. All he had to do was fake hard, and someone probably lands on top of him and they call it.

2. Hey Yotes, you think the officials won the game for NDSU? How about not throwing the ball away when you have the game won. In other words, shut up.
    Yep... boo-frickin-hoo. Refs swallow their whistle all the time at end of games in the SLT - case in point check out this no-call from a couple years back (I know I know you can't judge a foul from a frozen screenshot blah blah blah):

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep... boo-frickin-hoo. Refs swallow their whistle all the time at end of games in the SLT - case in point check out this no-call from a couple years back (I know I know you can't judge a foul from a frozen screenshot blah blah blah):

I can tell from that screenshot pretty easily. Defenders hands were not straight up, they were bent forward. That's probably a foul at any other point during the game, but I'm ok with borderline stuff being let go at the end...either way, one teams fans will hate it, but I say let the boys play and be physical. Nothing worse than a game coming down to free throws on a questionable borderline call. Let 'em play.

Plus, there are dozens of other plays throughout a game that actually dictate the outcome. Maybe a team made 3 bonehead turnovers which allowed the other team to even be in a situation to win it at the end.
    Everyone forgets about that stuff, and only focuses on the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I can tell from that screenshot pretty easily. Defenders hands were not straight up, they were bent forward. That's probably a foul at any other point during the game, but I'm ok with borderline stuff being let go at the end...either way, one teams fans will hate it, but I say let the boys play and be physical. Nothing worse than a game coming down to free throws on a questionable borderline call. Let 'em play.

Plus, there are dozens of other plays throughout a game that actually dictate the outcome. Maybe a team made 3 bonehead turnovers which allowed the other team to even be in a situation to win it at the end.
    Everyone forgets about that stuff, and only focuses on the end.
    That's true - the "principal of verticality" was violated there. The tough thing about those situations is, if I recall correctly, Griesel initiated the contact into the midsection of the defender and it's pretty tough as a defender to keep your arms vertical and you get popped in the chest.

Back to this game though Miller did violate the principle of verticality as well and got the USD guy with his body but when I looked into that rule a couple years ago for that Griesel play I do recall that if the block is deemed to be clean the principle of verticality can be violated without it being a foul.

Here's a really good view of it - around the 13 or 14 second mark of the video you can see a pretty clean block: https://twitter.com/NDSUmbb/status/1632608108227837954

EDIT: The cheerleader reactions in the background from that angle are priceless.

I remember Sam Griesel getting rejected in a very
    similar manner in that exact spot against ORU and the refs didn't blow their whistles either that day.

Edit: I see this point is already being discussed. Ha!

The no-call on that block was surprisingly awesome. Reptilian refs will usually fuck that up 9.9 times out of 10.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am not sure that is a foul at any point in the game. There was body contact but it wasn’t much. In slow motion u can see he clearly has his hand on the ball not his arm which the midco guys last night said he hit his hand but I couldn’t tell in the live broadcast. Honestly it was one of those 50/50 calls that can go either way and we got the benefit last night.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I am not sure that is a foul at any point in the game. There was body contact but it wasn’t much. In slow motion u can see he clearly has his hand on the ball not his arm which the midco guys last night said he hit his hand but I couldn’t tell in the live broadcast. Honestly it was one of those 50/50 calls that can go either way and we got the benefit last night.
    Midco.... SoDak homers.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Midco.... SoDak homers.
    To be fair to said Midco homers, they were pretty 50/50 in the commentary even while watching the replay, saying it was a tough call either way.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I think people were most suspect about the second arm that came swinging through but that hit nothing but the rim. It was a great block.

If USD fans want an investigation it should be into who that kid who chucked the ball out of bounds bet one not the refs lol
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I think people were most suspect about the second arm that came swinging through but that hit nothing but the rim. It was a great block.

If USD fans want an investigation it should be into who that kid who chucked the ball out of bounds bet one not the refs lol
    Cry babies want the refs to bail them out for a bonehead turnover.