Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: SLT Quarterfinal: vs South Dakota

Default Re: SLT Quarterfinal: vs South Dakota

I would say taking a team of mostly freshmen and sophomores to the semifinals is a well coached team.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Was at the game. Bison were fortunate in that the officials didn't blow their whistles on that last field goal attempt by USD ....... Pletewitz, (something like that) took the last shot, might have gotten fouled or he might not have. Officials have selective seeing. Whatever, the officials, in the immediate aftermath of the game, as they were walking off the court, were showered with popcorn bags, assorted candie wrappers, etc........not to mention the verbal abuse by the USD fans. I imagine security immediately following the game will be beefed up to some extent. It is what it is. If that non call would happen in a bunny game, and had it involved a bunny player, there would have been a full scale riot to put Portland, St. louis , Minneapolis, Chicago, etc. to shame.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Everyone talking about our field goal drought, id like to know many field goals we actually attempted the last 8 minutes. We were living at the line and getting fouled, the broadcasters mentioned we had more free throw attempts then field goal attempts in the 2nd half but then kept hammering the fact that we hadnt made a field goal in forever...
    I went back and rewatched that 8 minutes. We only had 4 missed shots on non foul attempts. Went 12-14 from the line.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    I went back and rewatched that 8 minutes. We only had 4 missed shots on non foul attempts. Went 12-14 from the line.
    And, fortunately, for the Bison, Mr. Morgan didn't attempt a majority of those freethrows. Love the way he plays, love his kickass attitude, but, damn, he needs to work on FTs.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    And, fortunately, for the Bison, Mr. Morgan didn't attempt a majority of those freethrows. Love the way he plays, love his kickass attitude, but, damn, he needs to work on FTs.
    Definately an area he needs to work on in the offseason. He is a guy that will get fouled a lot throughout his career.

Just showing up to eat my crow served up by Tajavis Miller. I haven't been impressed with him down the stretch of the season and thought White should be taking some of his minutes but the kid made monster plays on both ends of the court to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Just showing up to eat my crow served up by Tajavis Miller. I haven't been impressed with him down the stretch of the season and thought White should be taking some of his minutes but the kid made monster plays on both ends of the court to win the game.
    You weren't necessarily wrong, especially from a defensive viewpoint. Miller and White both had some big moments last night and we needed every bit of it. Hopefully, we can get DWT to contribute more tonight.

It was also nice to see & hear Dave with a demeanor that was polar opposite of his last display.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Still can’t believe we got that turnover at the end of the game.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

I was there. Here are some observations:

1. I could not understand the outrage about the no call at the end for the Yotes. I didn't understand it at the time, and after watching the replay numerous times, I still don't. Even during the regular part of the game, that likely is not called, and you sure as heck are not going to get the call right at the end. All he had to do was fake hard, and someone probably lands on top of him and they call it.

2. Hey Yotes, you think the officials won the game for NDSU? How about not throwing the ball away when you have the game won. In other words, shut up.

3. They have to keep pounding Morgan; he is a problem when you also have Grant. And the guards missed numerous weak side cuts that could have been easy buckets.

4. Finish, damnit. Our guys need to go up strong and finish those shots, even if fouled. So many points were left out there.

5. And please for the love of all that is holy, learn to shoot FTs.

Pretty wild factoid about Tajavis Miller: going into last night he had 3 shots blocked on the season. That's an average of 0.1 blocks per game. He picked a great time to pick up his 4th block on the season.