Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NCAA Proposed Football Rule Changes

Default Re: NCAA Proposed Football Rule Changes

Chains, no chains, pros don't need that time.
    Amateurs (collegians) do.

I'll let the rest of you decide what to do with the SEC.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    I think a more elegant way of what SD is saying, is many of us detest rule changes the mess with the essence of the game. I didn't like it when the NFL began starting the clock after going out of bounds and then college too. That is a fundamental rule; you go out of bounds, clocks should stay stopped, just like an incomplete pass. I still don't like it.

Now, one of the really cool, quirks in the college game is the clock stop to move the chains. It really creates an interesting dynamic, particularly when one team is down by 2 scores late in a game. 2 minutes is not a enough time, and you are messing the game dynamic just like they did with the out of bounds crap.

So, just stop it. But no, games are long do to the spread BS offenses and TV timeouts, so better to mess with fundamental elements of the game, I guess.
    Seems like all the rules to shorten the game never seem to really shorten the game. They just seem to lengthen the commercial times. So, less game more selling products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    Seems like all the rules to shorten the game never seem to really shorten the game. They just seem to lengthen the commercial times. So, less game more selling products.
    I agree, plus the negative effect on strategy. It's why I hate the DH rule in baseball.....

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Went to a spring training game last week in Sarasota...the pitch clock and batter clock really made the game go quickly. I hope it carries over to the regular season...much more palatable to spend 2 hours, may 2 hours 20 minutes watching a baseball game.

Quote Originally Posted by totoinfl View Post
    Went to a spring training game last week in Sarasota...the pitch clock and batter clock really made the game go quickly. I hope it carries over to the regular season...much more palatable to spend 2 hours, may 2 hours 20 minutes watching a baseball game.
    Four hour MLB games in June are killing a game already in trouble.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you are really bored and need something to do, Steve Shaw and Kirby Smart share more information regarding proposed rule changes.

https://youtu.be/acrIZ7ctpzo

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Gross. Not a fan of this
    College of Business Alumnus

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Completely agree. The TV timeouts are what is the killer at games. Do we really need one after every change of possession?

So they get rid of clock stoppages after first downs, how much time will that truly shorten? 10 minutes? Get rid of a few TV timeouts and it does the same thing and gives people more action.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Completely agree. The TV timeouts are what is the killer at games. Do we really need one after every change of possession?

So they get rid of timeouts after first downs, how much time will that truly shorten? 10 minutes? Get rid of a few TV timeouts and it does the same thing and gives people more action.
    Shorten? Estimates are seven plays.
    You'll never get rid of TV TOs -- they pay the bills.