Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Better free agent QB? Stick or Wentz

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Better free agent QB? Stick or Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Stick is excellent throwing screens, mid range or short passes , he is horrible throwing a deep ball. 8 out of 10 deep passes from Stick gets intercepted because there is no velocity in his throw and DBs easily track his passes and go for the interception, this was very evident during pre season games.
    8 out of 10 get picked off, even though he only has 6 total interceptions thrown in pre-season. That was one heck of a stat.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Stick had a good pre-season run a couple of years ago, I think?

Downplaying Wentz’s baggage is a little green n gold goggley, IMO… But then again, so is thinking Stick would be a great NFL starter, so who knows…
    True. IMO Wentz will get a shot at being a backup or even compete for some squad that has a sketchy QB room. Or some arrogant coach (Mcdaniels?) that thinks he can fix CW. But also not sure he'll get a starting shot, because of the PR headache signing a guy that has been on 4 teams in 4 years (counting 2023) and probably considered broken.
    Stick, IMO will be on a practice squad. No game experience and the team that has had him as a 3rd string guy and knows him best, is moving on from him.

Nothing wrong with both of their careers. Just my guesses.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    3rd string.
    So a backup?

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    So a backup?
    ohhhhh, "a" backup. Not "the" backup. You are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    True. IMO Wentz will get a shot at being a backup or even compete for some squad that has a sketchy QB room. Or some arrogant coach (Mcdaniels?) that thinks he can fix CW. But also not sure he'll get a starting shot, because of the PR headache signing a guy that has been on 4 teams in 4 years (counting 2023) and probably considered broken.
    Stick, IMO will be on a practice squad. No game experience and the team that has had him as a 3rd string guy and knows him best, is moving on from him.

Nothing wrong with both of their careers. Just my guesses.
    Look at us agreeing on things. Stick’s best bet, sad to say, is to be a 2nd or 3rd stringer and get a chance through injuries. If it can happen to DiDouchey it can happen to literally any QB anywhere…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Stick had a good pre-season run a couple of years ago, I think?

Downplaying Wentz’s baggage is a little green n gold goggley, IMO… But then again, so is thinking Stick would be a great NFL starter, so who knows…
    IMO Wentz's baggage were his contract and the flaws in his game. His contract isn't an issue anymore because the team signing him will agree to a new one and every backup QB, along with most starting QBs. have significant flaws in their game. I think there will be plenty of teams willing to take a chance on Wentz for a year or two on backup QB money.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    IMO Wentz's baggage were his contract and the flaws in his game. His contract isn't an issue anymore because the team signing him will agree to a new one and every backup QB, along with most starting QBs. have significant flaws in their game. I think there will be plenty of teams willing to take a chance on Wentz for a year or two on backup QB money.
    My opinion of Wentz is also rosier than most, but our opinions aren’t the problem. If you ask any talking head, they’ll tell you there is baggage on the field and in the locker room, and the truth of those things are becoming less and less relevant as long as the narrative continues.

And of course, success on the field would basically cure everything. Look at Russel Wilson. No one had any idea what kind of dumpster fire he was in the locker room while he was winning. After a few shitty seasons now you hear about it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Look at us agreeing on things. Stick’s best bet, sad to say, is to be a 2nd or 3rd stringer and get a chance through injuries. If it can happen to DiDouchey it can happen to literally any QB anywhere…
    Damn, who woulda thunk it?

I’d love to see stick end up in Denver…
    I believe he would be a great fit with Sean payton
    TRUST THE PROCESS

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’d love to see stick end up in Denver…
    I believe he would be a great fit with Sean payton
    I agree, he may be a better runner compared to Jamies Winston, throwing deep passes***. He may be good for a game or two if need arises.