Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Better free agent QB? Stick or Wentz

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Better free agent QB? Stick or Wentz

Now that Carson is on the market who is looking better as a free agent? Stick or Wentz?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Default Re: Better free agent QB? Stick or Wentz

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Now that Carson is on the market who is looking better as a free agent? Stick or Wentz?
    Are they both officially on the market at this point?

I'd say Wentz would clearly be the preferred pickup of the two for almost any NFL team outside of Indianapolis and Philly but that also means he'd be the more expensive of the two to sign. Hoping both of them go somewhere they'll at least have a chance to compete for the starting job - that's all either can ask for at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I'd say Wentz would clearly be the preferred pickup of the two for almost any NFL team outside of Indianapolis and Philly but that also means he'd be the more expensive of the two to sign. Hoping both of them go somewhere they'll at least have a chance to compete for the starting job - that's all either can ask for at this point.
    Green Bay if Rodgers becomes a Jet?

Lakes will whine enough that his tears will flood the red in El Forko Grande again.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Are they both officially on the market at this point?
    I think Dizzo reported that Stick has talked with Chargers mgmt and they both agreed to test the market…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think I disagree with this but I could be swayed otherwise…

I think Stick is a better option because he has ZERO baggage and no ceiling. At this point, at least from the League’s perspective, they know what Wentz is and all that probably would come with it.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Tough to say. Stick is totally unique as he's undersized, has a meh arm but he's faster than fuck, a legit running threat and great outside the pocket. He's going to appeal to teams that want a niche guy or a short passing game.

Wentz still has a rocket arm and can launch it downfield. He's not as mobile as he once was, but he really needs to stick with a team for more than a year. This whole learn a new offense every year doesn't help him at all. As a backup, he can come in and catch a defense off guard to rally a team.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Easton would be a perfect backup in Philly.

Lakes will whine enough that his tears will flood the red in El Forko Grande again.

I wonder if Stick has much of a market? He could never beat out chase Daniel for a backup spot (did he?)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    I wonder if Stick has much of a market? He could never beat out chase Daniel for a backup spot (did he?)
    On paper no. A lot of media folks felt that was just more about a "coaching" type role that Chase had and that if Herbert had been out any considerable amount of time that Stick most likely would have played.