Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tourney

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Summit Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    The only thing about MSP is that is it playing to St Thomas who is an arrogant fan base and who have openly coveted joining the Big East. I think they look down upon the rest of the Summit and moving this tournament there would openly support this outlook.
    If St. Thomas wants to go to the Big East and can improve their program enough to make that a reality, kudos to them. Moving the Summit Tournament to MSP or any other destination should be about what's best for the conference not about spiting St. Thomas.

Ross being a homer - He has got to be nice in order to get information and access to program.

Bison Report
    @BisonReport
    ·
    14h
    I mean, goodness, they won 16 against a basically impossible non-conference slate.

18 would be a very low bar.
    Quote Tweet
    Wildshow Gaming and Sports
    @wildshowgaming
    ·
    14h
    Replying to @BisonReport
    Gosh you have to think if Grant somehow comes back that these Bison could win at least 18-20 games next year, these guys are good. Just didn’t quite show it tonight.

He must have forgot we lost at home to Pacific (15-18), neutral site against North Colorado (12-20), neutral site against Jacksonville State (13-18 - 8th in conference), Home against Montana (17-14).

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    If St. Thomas wants to go to the Big East and can improve their program enough to make that a reality, kudos to them. Moving the Summit Tournament to MSP or any other destination should be about what's best for the conference not about spiting St. Thomas.
    Sure … what’s best for the conference … absolutely agree … but moving it to MSP simply because people do not like the SF locale doesn’t mean it’s the best for the conference. MSP is literally further away than SF for every school except St. Thomas. Yeah MSP has Dakota alumni there but does Omaha, KC, WIU, ORU, Denver really care about that?

There isn’t one conference location that really makes sense … truthfully Omaha would be a better location (more central) if not for piss poor fan support from that school.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLakeBison View Post
    I agree .. this isn’t an anti-St Thomas perspective but I really don’t see how moving to the farthest NE corner of the conference footprint can be good the conference especially the non-Dakota schools.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Ross being a homer - He has got to be nice in order to get information and access to program.

Bison Report
    @BisonReport
    ·
    14h
    I mean, goodness, they won 16 against a basically impossible non-conference slate.

Quote Tweet
    @wildshowgaming
    ·
    14h
    Replying to @BisonReport
    Gosh you have to think if Grant somehow comes back that these Bison could win at least 18-20 games next year, these guys are good. Just didn’t quite show it tonight.

He must have forgot we lost at home to Pacific (15-18), neutral site against North Colorado (12-20), neutral site against Jacksonville State (13-18 - 8th in conference), Home against Montana (17-14).
    Lol so much incorrect about all of that…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    I agree .. this isn’t an anti-St Thomas perspective but I really don’t see how moving to the farthest NE corner of the conference footprint can be good the conference especially the non-Dakota schools.
    The current location in SF doesn't benefit the non-Dakota schools. The non-Dakota schools will struggle with fan attendance in any location other than at their home arenas. They just aren't primary schools in their regions and don't have the following that the Dakota schools have. MSP would hurt SDSU and USD attendance slightly but would boost NDSU, UND and St. Thomas attendance greatly. The only potential downside that I see is that the Summit Tourney might get a bit "overshadowed" in MSP compared to being in SF with all the other entertainment options available. That being said, attendance is and likely always will be driven by fans of the participating schools and not the general/casual fan and in that regard I think overall attendance will at least be similar to what it is currently in SF and could be significantly more depending on who the top teams are and what the matchups are. Having 5 teams that have good fan showings versus 2 teams is a benefit for the conference in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post

Bison Report
    @BisonReport
    ·
    14h

Quote Tweet
    @wildshowgaming
    ·
    14h
    Replying to @BisonReport

We also had (3) wins against sub D1 competition. The progress of the team from the start of the year to the end is something to applaud and should be able to be built upon. That being said, there isn't any amount of homerism that should be able to paint this season as something to celebrate. It's also not something to burn the place down over but c'mon this year's schedule wasn't that difficult. Arkansas and Kansas are not programs we should expect to beat. The four you listed above absolutely are. New Mexico, Eastern Washington and Indiana State are programs that we should want to at the very least be very competitive with.

haha Ross. cmon man this was a horrible season. if not for a bad USD backcourt pass, NDSU is 12-17 w 1st round loss to #296.

14-17 D1 record
    biggest win was to beat sdsu 2 times who fell to 160 Net Rankings (their worst team in 10+ years)
    1 win vs #165 Portland who was 10-19 D1 record and shot 17% vs us
    1 win vs #200 st thomas
    10 wins vs #250-315 ranked teams

A coach with a NBA PLAYER on his team & Morgan who is a solid post player & Boden who is above average guard.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    haha Ross. cmon man this was a horrible season. if not for a bad USD backcourt pass, NDSU is 12-17 w 1st round loss to #296.

14-17 D1 record
    biggest win was to beat sdsu 2 times who fell to 160 Net Rankings (their worst team in 10+ years)
    1 win vs #165 Portland who was 10-19 D1 record and shot 17% vs us
    1 win vs #200 st thomas
    10 wins vs #250-315 ranked teams

A coach with a NBA PLAYER on his team & Morgan who is a solid post player & Boden who is above average guard.
    Sounds to me you need to go into Matt Larson and have a talk with him and give him some advice

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just like Frisco for football, MSP (or some entity within the metro) would have to submit a bid to host the tournament. The conference doesn't just decide to go there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk