Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Summit Tourney

Default Re: Summit Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So lets move it to the Twin Cities, it blows any possible site out of the water if those are the metrics.
    At least SF is close to Omaha, closer to KC than MSP.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    The problem with this is Sioux Falls can say the relevant things here too, plus they got the better arena and a proven track record of running a good tourney.

Tough to sell Fargo when its objectively in a worse location than Sioux Falls in a similar town in a less nice venue. It is what it is.
    Its not a significantly better location. Its basically home games for the south dakota schools. Nobody travels from any other school. NDSU is the closest and we had under 100 fans. Omaha and KC probably had 25. Those St Thomas fans will have the same distance to travel. So if its such a cental location, where are the travelers?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    What I meant was that there is significant alumni from multiple universities in the SF area … including UND and NDSU alumni.
    Yeah I call bullshit on that one. The populations are very similar. Its 98% SDSU and USD fans. Nobody travels to Sioux Falls other than a few parents of teams. Pull out the SD fans and its maybe 500 fans. People who call it a great atmosphere are SD fans

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yeah I call bullshit on that one. The populations are very similar. Its 98% SDSU and USD fans. Nobody travels to Sioux Falls other than a few parents of teams. Pull out the SD fans and its maybe 500 fans. People who call it a great atmosphere are SD fans
    Bingo.......

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Bottom line: I don’t care how inconvenient a solution might be in a given year, it’s an unfair advantage currently and it needs to change.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by wcb_sas View Post
    What I meant was that there is significant alumni from multiple universities in the SF area … including UND and NDSU alumni.
    I work with NDSU, uND, and SDST grads all in Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Bottom line: I don’t care how inconvenient a solution might be in a given year, it’s an unfair advantage currently and it needs to change.
    Advantage to fans attending games. Not like SDST has taken any advantage with results on the court. Maybe for women's ball I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I work with NDSU, uND, and SDST grads all in Fargo.
    Yep and according to the census bureau, 6% more people living in Fargo have a bachelors degree. 9% more in West Fargo and 4% more in Moorhead. Income levels are in the same ballpark too but West Fargo median household income is about 25k higher than Sioux Falls and Fargo

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Advantage to fans attending games. Not like SDST has taken any advantage with results on the court. Maybe for women's ball I guess.
    Home field advantage is a statistical reality.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Home field advantage is a statistical reality.
    Correct. But you are forgetting that SDSU or USD is not in Sioux Falls, does not practice or play in that arena, does not live in that city, go to school in that city, or have anything to do with that city.
    So, the argument would be....people are cheering for the other team. It's not fair.