Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Summit Tourney

Hybrid View

Default Summit Tourney

So looked like Richman overachieved a bit, especially after the non-conference start. Although seems like Summit was down a bit. Going to be difficult to beat USD and SDSU back to back nights. USD has not played well lately. ORU is the clear favorite and will take a special night to knock them off. I have ORU beating SDSU by single digits in the ship. Lets hope we dont have any significant losses in the portal.

Default Re: Summit Tourney

SDSU will have a cake walk in the quarters. They'll either get Kansas City, who has been brutally awful since Shemarri Allen got hurt against UND last week, or last place Omaha so they'll be much better positioned for that Monday night semi that NDSU will hopefully be in with them.

It's definitely ORU and everyone else though. They're almost a lock for a 12 seed and could even move up to the 11 line I think. They had the 3rd most points among ORV team in last week's AP Top 25 and some teams in front of them lost this week so they could plausibly make the national top 25 as well with a SLT title next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    SDSU will have a cake walk in the quarters. They'll either get Kansas City, who has been brutally awful since Shemarri Allen got hurt against UND last week, or last place Omaha so they'll be much better positioned for that Monday night semi that NDSU will hopefully be in with them.

It's definitely ORU and everyone else though. They're almost a lock for a 12 seed and could even move up to the 11 line I think. They had the 3rd most points among ORV team in last week's AP Top 25 and some teams in front of them lost this week so they could plausibly make the national top 25 as well with a SLT title next week.
    If they lose in the title game, would they get an at large, you think?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    If they lose in the title game, would they get an at large, you think?
    I don't follow it super closely but I'd doubt it. They're up to #44 in the NET ratings but they're 0-4 in quad 1 (which is teams #1-#75 that they've played on the road). They're 23-0 vs quads 2 through 4 although a loss to SDSU would probably be a quad 3 loss most likely which would be bad for their at-large chances with no quad 1 wins I'd think not to mention probably drop them into the 50s in the NET ratings.

NET ratings and quads explained in more detail here: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ings-explained

NDSU probally got the worst draw it could have. Gotta beat both South Dakota schools and ORU to win it all with no days rest, going to be quite the challenge. USD certainly isnt great but they are old and experienced and being 30 mins from Sioux Falls will draw a crowd. I dont see anyone beat ORU, while they arent super deep the day off should help them cruise to the title game.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    NDSU probally got the worst draw it could have. Gotta beat both South Dakota schools and ORU to win it all with no days rest, going to be quite the challenge. USD certainly isnt great but they are old and experienced and being 30 mins from Sioux Falls will draw a crowd. I dont see anyone beat ORU, while they arent super deep the day off should help them cruise to the title game.
    Coulda been worse if we would've lost Saturday, woulda had to play St Thomas again and then ORU in the semi finals before even getting to the championship. If this team plays how they are capable of playing, like the 1st halves against Omaha and WIU on Saturday we could very easily make the championship game. USD looked good Saturday but tough to measure anybody against KC right now, they are terrible without Allen. SDSU goes as Mayo goes, if we can contain him we can definitely beat them. Hell we let him score 40 in the last game and still almost won. ORU is another animal, we had our shot at their place and could make the shots to get it done. That being said if Dave has ruined all the fun for these guys after that last game we could also come out and lose to USD in the first round, it'll be very interesting to see how this team responds.

Fun to look back at the preseason poll and compare it to how it played out:

Preseason Poll:

1)Oral Roberts
    2)South Dakota State
    3)South Dakota
    4)North Dakota State
    5)Denver
    6)Kansas City
    7)Western Illinois
    8)St. Thomas
    9)Omaha
    10)North Dakota

Final Conference Standings:

1)Oral Roberts
    2)South Dakota State
    3)North Dakota State
    4)Western Illinois
    5)St. Thomas
    6)South Dakota
    7)Kansas City
    8)Denver
    9)North Dakota
    10)Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't follow it super closely but I'd doubt it. They're up to #44 in the NET ratings but they're 0-4 in quad 1 (which is teams #1-#75 that they've played on the road). They're 23-0 vs quads 2 through 4 although a loss to SDSU would probably be a quad 3 loss most likely which would be bad for their at-large chances with no quad 1 wins I'd think not to mention probably drop them into the 50s in the NET ratings.

NET ratings and quads explained in more detail here: https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball...ings-explained
    Gotchya… hard to imagine a team getting T25 votes not making the tourney but that’s midmajor MBB for ya…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just like Frisco for football, MSP (or some entity within the metro) would have to submit a bid to host the tournament. The conference doesn't just decide to go there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Just like Frisco for football, MSP (or some entity within the metro) would have to submit a bid to host the tournament. The conference doesn't just decide to go there.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
    I suspect St Thomas has enough cache in MSP that they could get someone to submit such a bid. If I was UST I would absolutely do that .. it would bolster not only my profile in the conference, in the city of MSP and possibly with the NCAA.