Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
Fair points. Sounds like $5k could tip the scales for quite a bit of out of state folks when they’re making their decision if it were to make NDSU considerably cheaper than their in-state option.

As an aside, I grew up in ND and due to the points you’ve made it essentially made 0 sense for me to pursue my engineering degree anywhere other than NDSU. Which is cool because I love the school but is total BS in reality and based on principle alone I will never back the charging of different kids different amounts of money based on where their parents live.
But $5k isn't significantly cheaper when it comes to college costs. That's my point! Today they are choosing between $25k at NDSU (assuming a little scholarship) or $30-$40k at other schools. It's already cheaper. Unless you have a unique program like UND's aviation program, you aren't going to attract a lot of people from around the country regardless of how cheap you make it because they have similar options close to home. Most of the OOS students are from Minnesota or South Dakota and they already have a reduced tuition.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk