Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Defensive Line Coach: Jeff Phelps

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default New Defensive Line Coach: Jeff Phelps

Pete Thamel is posted that we have hired Jeff Phelps as our new defensive line coach. Looks like he is originally from Chicago. Has spent the last three seasons at Mississippi St.

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/statu...896761346?s=20

https://hailstate.com/sports/footbal...ff-phelps/2608

I am not sure if that means Goeser is changing roles? I know Goeser was the defensive tackles coach, while Jamar Cain or Buddha Williams coached DEs. Once Buddha left, last year Goeser coached the whole defensive line.

I am assuming this means new DC Jason Petrino will coach the safeties to fill the vacant spot by Cody Morgan. Petrino coached safeties at SIU.

Default Re: New Defensive Line Coach: Jeff Phelps

This seems like a big get for a coach. Did he leave an SEC school for the same position at NDSU?

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    This seems like a big get for a coach. Did he leave an SEC school for the same position at NDSU?
    sounds like he is 3rd coach from Leachs Staff to leave after his deaths. on MSU message board they say

Hope all of that staff lands on their feet ok. Such a terrible situation, none of it of their own doing

Nothing from a personal standpoint. He seems like a nice guy tbh. I just wasn't a big fan of his DLs play, here. Granted some of that was injuries in the case this year for instance. But something seemed amiss from the DL while he was here.
    I mentioned it a couple of times on this board. I just didn't harp on it a lot. Since his DLs were basically ok.
    Unless they are Sirmon levels of bad. I try to refrain from outright calling for someone's job. There have been some I haven't cared that they left, for sure. I wish him the best.

He’s gonna need a jacket. He is a very good coach. Wish them all well

I replied with this

Heading to NDSU Sounds like an upgrade to me!!!

NDSU would be favored by 6 vs Mississippi State most years.

NDSU had 4 DL in NFL last year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I read that when Zach Arnett took over for Mike Leach after his passing. Arnett didn't retain Phelps.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    sounds like he is 3rd coach from Leachs Staff to leave after his deaths. on MSU message board they say

Hope all of that staff lands on their feet ok. Such a terrible situation, none of it of their own doing

Nothing from a personal standpoint. He seems like a nice guy tbh. I just wasn't a big fan of his DLs play, here. Granted some of that was injuries in the case this year for instance. But something seemed amiss from the DL while he was here.
    I mentioned it a couple of times on this board. I just didn't harp on it a lot. Since his DLs were basically ok.
    Unless they are Sirmon levels of bad. I try to refrain from outright calling for someone's job. There have been some I haven't cared that they left, for sure. I wish him the best.

He’s gonna need a jacket. He is a very good coach. Wish them all well

I replied with this

Heading to NDSU Sounds like an upgrade to me!!!

NDSU would be favored by 6 vs Mississippi State most years.

NDSU had 4 DL in NFL last year
    And El Chirpo continues to ruin the Bison brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    I’m sure he probably knows the guys and has talked to players aunts and uncles friends about him😢😢

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garbageman View Post
    I’m sure he probably knows the guys and has talked to players aunts and uncles friends about him����
    Even if what Chapo tweeted could be considered a slight against our brand, AS RIDICULOUS as him thinking his tweet will matter to this coach is anyone thinking it will matter to our brand.

I said it kind of as a joke last week, but did anyone else notice that Lakes took 10 days off of posting on BV? I didn’t… and it’s because I don’t follow his posts around and whine about every fucking thing he says like a goddamn toddler.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I've been giving shit to Power 5 boards for years, NDSU has beaten many of those Power 5 boards
    correlation duh.... (until roehl forgot he had Hunter Luepke at end of Arizona game)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Even if what Chapo tweeted could be considered a slight against our brand, AS RIDICULOUS as him thinking his tweet will matter to this coach is anyone thinking it will matter to our brand.

I said it kind of as a joke last week, but did anyone else notice that Lakes took 10 days off of posting on BV? I didn’t… and it’s because I don’t follow his posts around and whine about every fucking thing he says like a goddamn toddler.
    In their defense Heff, it's a little hard to ignore the guy when you open the football page and see that there's 8 active threads and he's the last poster in 7 of them. And...6 of the seven are him whining!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

We lucked out on the timing. I'm glad we got a DE coach again since we've always had a DE coach.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com