Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: GDT vs St Thomas

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT vs St Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I know that there people here that don’t like the coach, but I don’t see any significant coaching issues. My only complaint is I don’t want to see him coaching players so hard that they hit the portal. MHH not being here is tragic, and that one is on DR. There’s no way we are better without MHH. That said, the coach has done a good job getting the current roster to play defense and turn things around. I wasn’t sure we’d beat anyone when we started in Nov.
    Most of what I've bitched about Dave over the years has been fixed this season. I always complained about how we'd never run the offense through the post, never push the pace up the floor and would run our lineups on the floor based on what the other team was doing and never imposing our will of what we wanted to do. All of those have been much better this season. I still don't like how Dave rotates guys sometimes, his infamous doghouse is complete bullshit but out of anytime we've had in the D1 era, this team has been the one that has probably improved the most from the first game to the last game and that has a lot to do with coaching. Vinnie's first year here would be a close 2nd.

I've interviewed almost every player for my podcast now and one thing was very clear from all the freshman and that's playing D1 defense is incredibly difficult to learn as a lot of these guys either aren't asked to play defense in high school or they are so much more talented and athletic than everyone else that they don't have to be fundamentally good in order to stop people. It's evident that these guys have started to buy in on the defensive end and have started to figure it out and the results speak for themselves.

Dave is pretty upfront in recruiting that he coaches hard but I think some guys have an idea of what they think that means and maybe aren't ready for what it actually is. I think it was Dave's lack of rotation and getting Malik minutes that lead him to leaving more than the coaching but either way yes, him leaving sucked. I'm happy for him for the season he's having but sure wish it was in a Bison uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Holy shit, dude. You're agreeing with what I posted. I posted that at halftime coming off a poor first half where we were settling for some questionable shots and not hitting from the outside. Dave made some good adjustments at half and we looked much more in sync.

Explain where I said anything bad about Grant's game.
    You didn't say anything bad about Grant's game. You were bitching about coaching, being outcoached, etc. again.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    You didn't say anything bad about Grant's game. You were bitching about coaching, being outcoached, etc. again.
    Yeah, cuz that was a sharp first half. Even Dave admitted he needed to be a better version of himself.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Yeah, cuz that was a sharp first half. Even Dave admitted he needed to be a better version of himself.
    I caught that line too. Wondered if that meant sideline demeanor or coaching. It seemed odd/introspective.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    I caught that line too. Wondered if that meant sideline demeanor or coaching. It seemed odd/introspective.
    Agreed. Dave must have had a great halftime speech with adjustments because we played really well in the 2nd half. I'm not afraid to give credit where credit is due.

I think he's done a nice job getting this group to play loose and together. I really like this team and I hope he can keep it together. I also feel like he coaches every player the same hard way and that can cause guys to leave.

If we stay together, we can win a game or two in the dance next year.

We are agreeing on more points than we disagree on.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

huh? the D3 team blew their wad early & were on fire hitting 3s and were gassed after & never competed the last half.

we are 11-16 in a league filled with 250-315 ranked teams calm down
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    huh? the D3 team blew their wad early & were on fire hitting 3s and were gassed after & never competed the last half.

You know every now and then its okay to cheer and support the program instead of dismissing all their accomplishments becuase you have an agenda and hate the coach. If it makes you feel better you can call St Thomas D3 but the fact is they are the best D1 team in your beloved state of Minnesota. St Thomas will coninute to improve and they will do so quickly, so get your D3 jokes in while you can.

As for the game, its always better to learn from a win. By no means was it NDSU's best performance but they made some key adjustments at the half and played harder and with more ugerency to secure the win. Big one tomorrow afternoon, win and they are the 3 seed and stay on the opposite side of ORU. Hopefully it draws a big crowd, who knows what will happen with Nelson after the season but it may very well be his last game at the SHAC.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

actually 10-7 with a team with no seniors and a lot of freshmen. Not too bad.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Agreed. Dave must have had a great halftime speech with adjustments because we played really well in the 2nd half. I'm not afraid to give credit where credit is due.

I think he's done a nice job getting this group to play loose and together. I really like this team and I hope he can keep it together. I also feel like he coaches every player the same hard way and that can cause guys to leave.

If we stay together, we can win a game or two in the dance next year.

We are agreeing on more points than we disagree on.
    Absolutely! 💯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    actually 10-7 with a team with no seniors and a lot of freshmen. Not too bad.
    My concern is the future won't have many (good) seniors. They'll just leave. I'm sure Bjorklund and Braun would've gotten plenty of minutes elsewhere. But that's something to worry about another day.
    College of Business Alumnus