Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gdt @ kc

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Gdt @ kc

That was a really good game by NDSU, and well coached by DR. Finally gave Miller long minutes and some leash. Seems like DWT and Miller really fed off each other and played well together. Miller certainly earned it, I thought he was better with ball security and decision making. Would have liked to see more minutes by Morgan, but he was in foul trouble the whole game. What’s the diff if he fouls out or is on the bench? Play him! One of his offensive fouls laid a guy out for a minute, he’s a brute, loved it. Questionable call, didn’t know you could take a charge standing directly under the basket for goodness sakes.
    Streit is damn good on the D end and really good on the O boards. Nelson Morgan Streit is really solid. Good to see Waddles back, will continue to get more min. Skunny was effective and efficient. Liked White’s D and aggressiveness to the hole. Certainly one of our better games from start to finish.

Wasn't able to watch but pretty stark contrast in offensive efficiency for the KC guards Allen and Mitchell last night compared to last month in Fargo. Hopefully they remember the formula from last night since this could be a SLT quarterfinal matchup.

On a side note Allen and Mitchell's offensive efficiency on the season has been tuuuuurrible. Allen is shooting 41% from the field and 34% from 3 while Mitchell is even worse at 35% from the field and 32% from 3. Yet they combine to score 35 a game. That game last month in Fargo sure looks like an anomaly when they combined to go 15-32 from the field and 7-16 from 3 to score 51 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Wasn't able to watch but pretty stark contrast in offensive efficiency for the KC guards Allen and Mitchell last night compared to last month in Fargo. Hopefully they remember the formula from last night since this could be a SLT quarterfinal matchup.

On a side note Allen and Mitchell's offensive efficiency on the season has been tuuuuurrible. Allen is shooting 41% from the field and 34% from 3 while Mitchell is even worse at 35% from the field and 32% from 3. Yet they combine to score 35 a game. That game last month in Fargo sure looks like an anomaly when they combined to go 15-32 from the field and 7-16 from 3 to score 51 points.
    I was watching the women on tv and men on my phone last night. The big guy for KC should of had at least 2 goaltending calls on his 5 blocks on the night. Men seemed to play a lot more in your face defense last night and were not to passive. Morgan picked up two offensive fouls. Were not smart plays by him as he clearly lowered the shoulder into the defender. Glad to see the much needed road win. Now go get ORU saturday.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Allen wasn't as lucky throwing himself into defenders this time around.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Allen wasn't as lucky throwing himself into defenders this time around.
    This is exactly it, if Fargo Allen and Mitchell would drive and just chuck up a shot and fall down and the refs would bail them out with a foul call, last night the refs didn't do that. NDSU also had a much better game plan defensively on them as they really took away the perimeter shots for those two, they still made a couple but they were heavily contested and nothing was easy. I thought overall NDSU played great on defense which was good to see.

Offensively Nelson had a little trouble getting some of his shots to go in the paint he usually gets and yes, there were for sure 2 goaltends missed as well as one on a drive where they called a foul on I believe a DWT layup and they blocked it after it went off the glass but didn't give us the and one for a the goaltend. Morgan just needs to play on his feet a bit better, he continues to get charges by hopping into the defender towards the basket, if he stays down on his feet and just keeps backing down he can avoid those. Thankfully we found enough offense without him to win the game. Skunberg with another excellent effort on both ends.

Sets up a huge one tomorrow night in Tulsa, ORU fell asleep in the 2nd half against UND so I'm sure they'll be awake and ready for us. Gonna take a helluva defensive effort to get a W there, be interesting to see how we play.

Not a questionable call....primary defender can take a charge under the basket (inside the arc); and Morgan made him pay for it. Like you....I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    Well, the Paul Harvey, was ORU was up 49-27 @ half....so want to know what happened 2nd half...an injury or und hot from 3
    At one point, I think UND had made 9 of their last 10 3 pointers.
    College of Business Alumnus