Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BiZon vs. Bunnies

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default BiZon vs. Bunnies

Wrestlestat has SDSU winning this weekends dual 16-15. Five matches for the BiZon 133-149-157-165-184 and five matches for the Bunnies 125-141-174-197-HWT. They have each match being a decision for three points until the HWT match which has Nevells winning a 12-3 Major decision. I would agree with the match breakdown at 5-5 and with each team winning those respective weights but I’d have to disagree with HWT being a major decision for SDSU. Mora has wrestled 40 matches in his short career. He hasn’t been pinned nor has he given up a TF. He’s only been majored twice in those 40 matches. Once in the second weekend of his true freshman season at the Daktronics Open to Schuyler of Iowa St (12-3) and once this year to Wyatt Hendrickson (13-2). I just don’t see him giving up bonus points in this match. There are definitely some toss up matches in this dual but Bonus points will probably decide this match. I think those extra points have a better chance coming at other weights like 149-157-165-174-197. I’m predicting a 17-17 final with the BiZon winning the match points to break the tie and take the dual. This of course is assuming that each team goes with its regular line up. I could very well see the BiZon resting Droegemueller/Pentz while SDSU could sit Cook/Swenson. I hope both teams go for it and suit up their full lineups.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Default Re: BiZon vs. Bunnies

I'm leaning towards sitting Pentz/Dylan to be as healthy as possible in Tulsa. Unless of course Dylan is planning on moving on after this season and wants one more match in Fargo.

Carlson has Dylans number and although i wish he would be able to get one victory against him i think getting him as healthy as possible is the way to go. Same thing with pentz vs sloan.

Even though NDSU beat Oklahoma and Oklahoma beat SDSU, I lean SDSU in this one, but it is exceptionally close and tough to predict.

125- Negrete already beat Jordan this year, but Jordan has shown much more offense than Negrete and has beaten better guys. Probably a toss up, but lean to SDSU.
    133- Midkiff should be favored but isn't an overwhelming favorite. The way Midkiff has been wrestling lately, he could even get bonus points if he can get a turn.
    141- Neither guy has been great this year, but this is definitely a lean to SDSU. Carlson is 8-0 vs Dylan and Drexler has one more dual he can wrestle while still maintaining his redshirt. Couple those nuggets with Dylan's health and I expect to see Drexler start.
    149- March is a definite favorite, but Martin isn't a slouch. Would love to see March get another fall.
    157- Franek gets bonus if Swenson isn't in the lineup but only a decision if he is. Swenson has been great this year.
    165- Caliendo beat Cook soundly last year by picking him apart from neutral and I expect him to do so again. That being said, Cook is a threat to pin anyone at any time.
    174- Devos should beat Sax comfortably, hopefully Gaven can keep it to a decision.
    184- True toss up IMO. King knows he can't let DJ get to his tilt and made great adjustments to beat DJ in their rematch last year.
    197- Sloan is a large favorite, as he's bonused Pentz in all 3 of their matchup's. If Pentz wrestles, I expect him to adjust and keep it to a decision.
    HWT- Nevills is a sizeable favorite and I think he wins by 2 or 3 points.

Overall, I think SDSU takes 125, 141, 174, 197, and HWT, with bonus a strong possibility at 125, 174, and 197.

I think NDSU takes 133, 149, 157, 165, and 184 with a strong possibility at 149-165.

If NDSU can flip 125 or 141 and still win their other 5, they'll be set.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't follow wrestling closely but excited to see the Bison ranked nationally. Wrestling is definitely a regionally strong sport with 13 of 14 teams ranked in the top 25 coming from the B1G. Big 12 has 6 more.

Good luck to the Bison!

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

This match will be held at the BBF.

533 In a row

Anyone know how many NCAA DI Wrestling Programs there are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ndsoccerfan View Post

78 teams in 2021/2022

Quote Originally Posted by ndsoccerfan View Post

According to Wrestlestat there are currently 80 D1 wrestling programs. Their algorithm says the BiZon would have a record of 58-21 against the other 79 programs. That includes a loss to Oklahoma (whom they recently beat soundly) and The Bunnies.

Looks like Senior Day this Sunday will be for Midkiff and Droegemueller.

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    According to Wrestlestat there are currently 80 D1 wrestling programs. Their algorithm says the BiZon would have a record of 58-21 against the other 79 programs. That includes a loss to Oklahoma (whom they recently beat soundly) and The Bunnies.
    Thank you! Do you see more programs adding it?