Down 30-28 at half

Hansel is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: GDT vs Denver

Up 61-56 with 6 to play.

Skunberg has 28 so far

78-70 (F). Boden w/ 30 pts.

Nice to see us make our FTs. We got out played the first half but played much better to close out the game.

2 tough road games coming up so hopefully we carry some momentum into next week.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Skunberg has developed into a really nice player. His elbow on his shot is so straight/inline with his body during his shooting motion that it’s helped him to be very accurate when unguarded. Looking at his career FT percentages, they’ve made substantial upticks each season (50% freshman, 73% sophomore, 86% junior). Today he had a couple nice finishes through body contact when driving too. He’s become a team leader.

Also, when I watch damari wheeler-Thomas, his game reminds me of Chris Paul. Shoots a nice mid range, can hit a three, drive when needed, but just has “command” when bringing the ball up and orchestrating the offense.

I’m just waiting for Tajavis Miller to take over a game. The potential is there

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by land grant bison View Post
    Skunberg has developed into a really nice player. His elbow on his shot is so straight/inline with his body during his shooting motion that it’s helped him to be very accurate when unguarded. Looking at his career FT percentages, they’ve made substantial upticks each season (50% freshman, 73% sophomore, 86% junior). Today he had a couple nice finishes through body contact when driving too. He’s become a team leader.

Also, when I watch damari wheeler-Thomas, his game reminds me of Chris Paul. Shoots a nice mid range, can hit a three, drive when needed, but just has “command” when bringing the ball up and orchestrating the offense.

I’m just waiting for Tajavis Miller to take over a game. The potential is there
    Boden has somewhat quietly had a fantastic season, there have only been 5 games all year where he hasn't scored in double figures and we've lost all 5. He pretty much won us this game along with the game down in Omaha, he's 2nd on the team in scoring at 14.2ppg, shoots 38% from 3 as well and continues to be a very strong defender and rebounder as well.

DWT has honestly probably been the biggest surprise of this class for me. Especially with how far he's come since the start of the season. His quickness is incredible, when the team clears out for him he's almost impossible to stop because he has a terrific pull up jump shot but if you play that he'll blow by you for a layup. He's also an excellent on ball defender, just needs to stay out of foul trouble, he plays fairly physical so fouls are gonna happen but has to avoid the dumb ones. He's gonna be one of the great ones here by time he's done I think. Having a full offseason this year to hone his skills will do wonders for him.

Miller is a dude, I agree I'm waiting for the breakout game. He's definitely had some really solid performances but hasn't yet taken over a game. 4th on the team in scoring, 2nd in assists as a true freshman, he's another one that's got potential to be great.

Boden has dramatically stepped up his offense this year. Really impressive jump from prior years. Was wondering why they didn't put him on Abmass this year and had White on him the majority of the time. Makes sense though since Boden is a big part of the offensive game planning now.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Boden has dramatically stepped up his offense this year. Really impressive jump from prior years. Was wondering why they didn't put him on Abmass this year and had White on him the majority of the time. Makes sense though since Boden is a big part of the offensive game planning now.
    I think it's a quickness thing, Boden was the best option last year as he was quicker than Sam, Tyree or anybody else we could've put on Abmas but White and DWT are quicker than Boden is so makes sense to have them on Abmas and McBride and since Boden is more physical to have him on one of the forwards. Could definitely be wrinkle Dave is trying to keep up his sleeve for the tournament as well, will be interesting to see what they do down in Tulsa this week.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Boden had a GREAT game---knocked down lots of open looks and also created for himself a bit

Grant struggled shooting the ball but created for others well---8 assists----and also led team in rebounding again--11

also tacked on 2 blocks and 2 steals

I was frustrated wtih Tjavis defensive EFFORT----had mental lapses a few times at end of shot clocks that gave Denver easy points-----When will he buy in on defense?? I'm surprised that Richy is continuing to play him when he looks like a sieve on defense

The elbow screen game action for DWT---would be nice to run for Boden or Grant too----easy elbow pull ups with option to drive or kick