Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Oklahoma

Should be a close one tonight against the Sooners. Wrestlestat has Oklahoma winning 6 of the matches and taking the dual. I’m going to say it’s 5-5 and the BiZon eke it out 19-16.

125 OU - 4
    133 OU - 3
    141 OU - 3
    149 NDSU - 3
    157 NDSU - 4
    165 NDSU - 3
    174 OU - 3
    184 NDSU - 3
    197 NDSU - 6
    HWT OU - 3

Go BiZon !!!!
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Default Re: Oklahoma

Think March (#18 coaches poll) vs Moore (#19) at 149 will be the key match. At 133 Midkiff is definitely an underdog but looked good at UNC and im hopeful he can pull off an upset. Sax has an opportunity for a quality win tonight that would be huge for seeding.

Losing 3 matches at 125/133/141 to start the dual doesnt allow much wiggle room for the next 7 matches. I just dont think NDSU matches up well vs Oklahoma, so I would happily take PaBizons predicted score.

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Portlandbison View Post
    Think March (#18 coaches poll) vs Moore (#19) at 149 will be the key match. At 133 Midkiff is definitely an underdog but looked good at UNC and im hopeful he can pull off an upset. Sax has an opportunity for a quality win tonight that would be huge for seeding.

Losing 3 matches at 125/133/141 to start the dual doesnt allow much wiggle room for the next 7 matches. I just dont think NDSU matches up well vs Oklahoma, so I would happily take PaBizons predicted score.
    Agree. This is not a good match up for the BiZon. The March Match is one that I flipped to the BiZon to get to 5 wins. He’s wrestling well right now so hopefully that continues. Bonus points will probably be the deciding factor.
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

I think Oklahoma takes it. If things start out poorly from 125-149, I wouldn't be surprised to see some backups/freshmen get a shot, with Landen Johnson at 165 being one. The way Mosha Schwartz and Dylan have been wrestling lately, I wouldn't mind giving Dylan some rest and going with Drexler. If Dylan were to win though, that'd be huge for seeding and qualifying for NCAAs.

I think Oklahoma is favored 125-149, 174, and HWT. None of those 6 is unwinnable though and if NDSU can flip one of those, I think they'll win behind an Owen Pentz pin. 184 could be interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    I think Oklahoma takes it. If things start out poorly from 125-149, I wouldn't be surprised to see some backups/freshmen get a shot, with Landen Johnson at 165 being one. The way Mosha Schwartz and Dylan have been wrestling lately, I wouldn't mind giving Dylan some rest and going with Drexler. If Dylan were to win though, that'd be huge for seeding and qualifying for NCAAs.

I think Oklahoma is favored 125-149, 174, and HWT. None of those 6 is unwinnable though and if NDSU can flip one of those, I think they'll win behind an Owen Pentz pin. 184 could be interesting too.
    It seems like we need a few breaks to go our way to get this one tonight. I tend to think we are actually a bit of an underdog at 184, so hopefully DJ proves me wrong on that one. I also think that Dylan might need to pick up at least one upset along the way to make it back to the NCAA's, so now is as good a time as any.

Excellent start for March.

Franek takes care of business again. Robb survived a late scare to stay undefeated.

Mikey keeps it going. I don't get very nervous watching him, although the tilt almost did it to me. The dual should get interesting now.

Sax couldn't overcome a poor end to the 2nd.

Nice job DJ! I never should have doubted.