Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: New WR Coach: Steve Crutchley

Default Re: New WR Coach: Steve Crutchley

Quote Originally Posted by thebigund View Post
    Incorrect. NDSU burnt that bridge bad. UND played chess with recruiting Bo and things played out exactly how they said it would. No amount of “U up?” texts from your pathetic ass will so much as move the needle. Bo is a Hawk for life.
    Who cares about Bo Belquist? How many National Championships has he won? Actually, how many playoff games has he won? Oh wait, has he beat NDSU yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Puetz View Post
    Who cares about Bo Belquist? How many National Championships has he won? Actually, how many playoff games has he won? Oh wait, has he beat NDSU yet?
    we don't care , he from hoople, he's enjoying his career, its all good.

Now a New WR Coach will be interesting to see moving forward.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Thanks in advance for developing him as a coach. We will let you know when we are ready to hire him away to Iowa State.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Thanks in advance for developing him as a coach. We will let you know when we are ready to hire him away to Iowa State.
    Could you hire away our OC? PLEASE???
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'd take some WR transfers along with your coach.
    Who would we want? Belquist for sure but who else is even good on their roster?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    No, he was a WR coach at St Cloud State and worked with the receivers at Northern Illinois. He was a wide receiver in college, so he's played the position.

He never played running back but he was good at coaching it. He's been a head coach, a WR coach, a RB coach, an FBS offensive analysis, a recruiting coordinator, an assistant head coach, and an associate head coach.

He has more experience than Pauley did when we hired him. He also knows the MVFC being at UND, SIU, and WIU.
    He has more experience than our fucking OC.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    Our lights out offense is the definition of job security. Maybe a midnight contract extension.
    #1 Offense in the Valley last year, bro… eh…

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    #1 Offense in the Valley last year, bro… eh…
    Good point Heff.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd View Post
    Good point Heff.
    I’ll take my tongue out of my cheek for a second here and just say this: My opinion is that Roehl is doing a poor job of playcalling with our current players. You have pointed to that stat as an indicator of the opposite. Fair. I’ll point to multiple specific game situations, often times lasting entire halves and quarters where Roehl cost us wins and probably should have cost us a couple more:
    -Loss at Arizona due to play calls in final series
    -Loss at home vs those fucks from Brookings, entire second half, 0 points
    -Loss in the Chipper, while not fully on the O, why are we still calling 50% run plays down 17?
    -Win at USD, losing at halftime… to USD…
    -Win at Indiana St, the entire game was terrible and we probably should have lost this game
    -Win at Southern Illinois, 7 points scored through 3 quarters, losing going into the 4th
    -Win at home v UIW, first points scored as time expired in the first quarter

Buddy, we were in a position to lose an additional 4 games this year. If you can look at this and honestly say you’re ok with it and nothing needs to change, then I don’t know what to tell you, but enjoy no championships for the rest of TR’s tenure as OC at NDSU, because I don’t see it happening.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’ll take my tongue out of my cheek for a second here and just say this: My opinion is that Roehl is doing a poor job of playcalling with our current players. You have pointed to that stat as an indicator of the opposite. Fair. I’ll point to multiple specific game situations, often times lasting entire halves and quarters where Roehl cost us wins and probably should have cost us a couple more:
    -Loss at Arizona due to play calls in final series
    -Loss at home vs those fucks from Brookings, entire second half, 0 points
    -Loss in the Chipper, while not fully on the O, why are we still calling 50% run plays down 17?
    -Win at USD, losing at halftime… to USD…
    -Win at Indiana St, the entire game was terrible and we probably should have lost this game
    -Win at Southern Illinois, 7 points scored through 3 quarters, losing going into the 4th
    -Win at home v UIW, first points scored as time expired in the first quarter

Buddy, we were in a position to lose an additional 4 games this year. If you can look at this and honestly say you’re ok with it and nothing needs to change, then I don’t know what to tell you, but enjoy no championships for the rest of TR’s tenure as OC at NDSU, because I don’t see it happening.
    Great points. On top of that the Valley was pretty bad this year. Other than SDSU it stunk.

I think Entz needs to share blame as well. The steady decline in passing yards since they took over is shocking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk