Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ndsu @ sdsu

Default Re: ndsu @ sdsu

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    We have a guy who is being talked about as potentially being drafted in the first round of the NBA. That’s unheard of at NDSU. I’m not an expert at all but a losing record and .500 in conference play seems like AT LEAST an underachievement.
    worst part about this coach

go find my posts b4 season. you have a NBA player and you are 7-15?

b4 the season I said. make him the focal point, let him shoot or drive 30-35 times a game.. its ridiculous to "trust the process" cmon
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    …and JFC, that same website predicts Grant goes 1st or 2nd round… JFC, amirite?
    There are only two rounds in the NBA draft. 2nd round picks often end up in the D league or in Europe. This ain’t the NFL where 2nd rounders expect to contribute as a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    There are only two rounds in the NBA draft. 2nd round picks often end up in the D league or in Europe. This ain’t the NFL where 2nd rounders expect to contribute as a rookie.
    I understand that. Still uncharted territory for our MBB program, right?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    worst part about this coach

go find my posts b4 season. you have a NBA player and you are 7-15?

b4 the season I said. make him the focal point, let him shoot or drive 30-35 times a game.. its ridiculous to "trust the process" cmon
    Grant Nelson scored 27 points, he's been the guy during league play most nights, the offense is not usually problem, it was Thursday but that was just a horrible game all around. The problem is getting stops, Mayo scoring 41 is ridiculous but he just had a phenomenal game, when he gets hot like that he's very difficult to slow down. We contained him up in Fargo, we win, he goes off down there we lose. SDSU goes as Mayo goes for the most part, if we see them again we need to do a better job forcing him to give the ball up.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The play at the end pissed me off. I have to assume Dave's thinking was that they would foul and force us to take free throws down 3 and then with no timeouts left they would be able to get the ball in quick and get back to the line on the other end and we'd run out of game. So the idea of trying to advance the ball to get a catch, a quick pass and a 3 was probably the right move but the design wasn't good and Boden's pass was awful. Grant was open but they ran Miller right in front of him so his defender intercepted the pass, gotta keep the guards in the backcourt until the pass is thrown in that situation. That being said if Boden throws it harder and higher up it probably gets to Grant anyway, that slow lob was terrible.