Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New DC: Jason Petrino

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: New DC: Jason Petrino

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

SIU has been up and down on D....

How does SIU’s talent and depth on D typically compare to NDSU? At USD last year, we gave up 17 and SIU gave up 24. Hosting the fighting hawks, SIU allowed 17 and we allowed 21

A lateral move? Hard to know, but a lot of our issues seemed to be related to execution (tackling etc). Guess we’ll find out
    I think there's a pretty big gap between SIU and NDSU in terms of talent on the defensive 2-deep rosters. NDSU can just out recruit them all the time. The challenge this year (and perhaps the last three years) was that the defensive team under performed almost across the board. It seems that SIU's was kinda keeping pace with much less to work with in the toolbox. It"ll be interesting to see what Petrino can do with better athletes already on the roster and the ability to recruit better talent than he could before based on the NDSU name.
    Insert something clever here...

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It is bizarre to me that this is best we can do.

A lateral move within the conference for a guy who is arguably worse than the dude that just left after a one of the worst seasons of Bison defense in the last decade.

Maybe Im naive, arrogant, or both in thinking that when the DC position opened up at NDSU there had to be a solid pool of candidates that put their applications in. Anyone with aspirations of elevating at a pretty good clip would have to interested in a job within our football program.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I think that the poster was only making an observation. Didn't we have a mini-meltdown over a tie once?
    I am an elderly lady. If I enjoy looking at a handsome defense coordinator, how does that negatively impact anyone else's lives?

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    I am an elderly lady. If I enjoy looking at a handsome defense coordinator, how does that negatively impact anyone else's lives?
    I can tell that you are new here…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This news will not help me to sleep better in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    Just told a buddy of mine thats a big Yotes supporter that we hired their old DC.

His response:

"Thats great news....for the Missouri Valley"
    Yeah, South Dakota has had some of the worst defenses I've seen. That said, he was the DC there when they beat NDSU.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    It is bizarre to me that this is best we can do.

A lateral move within the conference for a guy who is arguably worse than the dude that just left after a one of the worst seasons of Bison defense in the last decade.

Maybe Im naive, arrogant, or both in thinking that when the DC position opened up at NDSU there had to be a solid pool of candidates that put their applications in. Anyone with aspirations of elevating at a pretty good clip would have to interested in a job within our football program.
    This. I’ve probably been too negative lately but this seems like such a meh move…hard to get excited about an in conference hire from a mediocre defense. Hopefully he proves Entz right

This just sounds like a buddy hire. At least try to get someone a bit more exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    Well his defense only gave up 64 points to UIW to include 451 yards passing and 6 TD throws ... yay...
    The more I dig into the numbers, the less excited I am. Seems like the only offense that was stopped was ours

Now how much of that is due to player talent?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    Are you a players grandma? We just lost lakes....