Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WR Coach to IOWA STATE

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: WR Coach to IOWA STATE

Pauley will be reporting to a young OC who was just promoted from being a position coach.
    Last edited by CyPanth; 01-25-2023 at 03:41 PM.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I’ve heard the argument that Roehl would be a better head coach than OC… even if true, that’s not saying a lot… but I also don’t buy it. I think you can blame both regular season losses and a few more lackluster Offensive performances on Roehl this year. Why would you want him for a head coach?
    Great motivational guy, deep ties to the program, very compelled to fight to uphold the standard, young, fit ...

For some reason the way he disses on the RPO game worries me a bit. It’s great to be blatantly hard-nosed when you have all the horses, but at the next level that won’t be the case

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Great motivational guy, deep ties to the program, very compelled to fight to uphold the standard, young, fit ...

For some reason the way he disses on the RPO game worries me a bit. It’s great to be blatantly hard-nosed when you have all the horses, but at the next level that won’t be the case
    Yeah — it’s his general offensive mindset that I don’t like. Hopefully you’re right and he’ll let the next OC create a better scheme and call better plays, make in-game adjustments, etc…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

I do recall NP saying in an interview on 1660 that he wanted to take his craft to the highest possible level, so congrats and I hope he succeeds and continues to climb

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    From 1 to 10, are you glad to see him go (1) or does it give you another reason to dislike us (10)?
    Always glad to see a coach get a shot at the P5. Makes NDSU more attractive.

Look what turning into a Notre Dame/Ohio State farm did for Cincinnati.
    College of Business Alumnus

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Always glad to see a coach get a shot at the P5. Makes NDSU more attractive.

Look what turning into a Notre Dame/Ohio State farm did for Cincinnati.

Iowa State's coaching staff has been rather stable, but now Campbell is starting to build his own coaching tree. Previous OC became OC for Cincinnati. Previous TE coach is OC for Tennessee. Previous CB coach is DC for North Texas.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah — it’s his general offensive mindset that I don’t like. Hopefully you’re right and he’ll let the next OC create a better scheme and call better plays, make in-game adjustments, etc…
    Same general offensive mindset we've had for 9 titles in 12 years, just without an NFL caliber QB other teams need to worry about.

There really are people who want TR as head coach after these past few seasons?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    won't be the last one!

hard to fault a guy going to the Big 12 and parlaying his Christian Watson story into a payday
    Coach Atif Austin gets all the credit for Christian Watson. You cant teach speed.

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Roehl will be reporting to a young OC who was just promoted from being a position coach.
    I think you mean Pauley