Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Some perspective after things have calmed down.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Some perspective after things have calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You're going to have classes with high attrition if the team is really good. 2009-2010 was our best back to back classses in history. That mean the 2011 class kind of sucked.

Then again if the transfer portal was available post 2011, would it have been different? Would guys like Billy Turner, Emmamual and Crockett stuck around?

Also the extra covid year really fucked up rosters. Some players got an extra year by transfering. Kobe, Dom Jones and Hayes fit that bill
    As a reminder, the transfer portal is not the issue. It's just the vehicle the student athletes can now use if they want to transfer. The reason they can transfer much easier is they no longer lose a year of eligibility if they transfer up or the same level.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    As a reminder, the transfer portal is not the issue. It's just the vehicle the student athletes can now use if they want to transfer. The reason they can transfer much easier is they no longer lose a year of eligibility if they transfer up or the same level.

That is significant. They also dont have to sit out a year where before you wouldnt sit out unless you transfered down

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That is significant. They also dont have to sit out a year where before you wouldnt sit out unless you transfered down
    That's what I said

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    That's what I said

Did they lose a year before or did they have to sit out a year? Or both? It seems like that was a lifetime ago and I can't remember

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com