Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nil

Default Re: Nil

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    So we’ll have D2 caliber players available to backfill for the FCS/FBS players who leave?
    Imagine if we had an extra 5 grand NIL money to throw at a young Brayden Thomas, who ended up in Mankato because the team he wanted to play for didn't have any scholarship money left. Or maybe a young Adam Thielen from Detroit Lakes, who went to camp and watched games at the Fargodome, but we didn't have enough scholarship money so he went D2

Some area guys actually have us near the top of their list. We're not the 9th choice

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Imagine if we had an extra 5 grand NIL money to throw at a young Brayden Thomas, who ended up in Mankato because the team he wanted to play for didn't have any scholarship money left. Or maybe a young Adam Thielen from Detroit Lakes, who went to camp and watched games at the Fargodome, but we didn't have enough scholarship money so he went D2

Some area guys actually have us near the top of their list. We're not the 9th choice
    Exceptions to rule, plus, if they end up being that good, they’ll transfer
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

No mid major can compete vs P5 teams NIL. But we can significantly expand our depth by getting walk ons an NIL deal. Those top fringe D2 players that are getting partials will come here
    We already have some D2 players getting minutes so maybe we need to dive down to D3. WTH?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Bohl told Adam to his face at DL. if you were bigger I'd offer you... Adam went to MSU & busted his ass because of that. he owes Bohl $10 mil
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bohl told Adam to his face at DL. if you were bigger I'd offer you... Adam went to MSU & busted his ass because of that. he owes Bohl $10 mil
    Bigger at what? Adam Thielen was 6-2 in high school.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Bohl also told a young Marshall Faulk that if he wanted to play at Nebraska, it wouldnt be at running back. I think he wanted to make him a D-back. He would be a 1st ballot NFL HOFer. Bohl would later say he will let some players play where they want. I mean Trey was recruited by most teams to play defense

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Bigger at what? Adam Thielen was 6-2 in high school.
    6 2 155 maybe.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

BigHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think NIL money would be a better investment on basketball than football for us.
    We don't have to land superstars, just impact players in the Summit.
    The money required to land 5-10 players would be a small fraction of what football costs.
    50-100k could make a real difference. $1m would be massive.

If we could dominate the Summit and get to the NCAA almost every year, that would start the snowball rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by BigHorns View Post
    I think NIL money would be a better investment on basketball than football for us.
    We don't have to land superstars, just impact players in the Summit.
    The money required to land 5-10 players would be a small fraction of what football costs.
    50-100k could make a real difference. $1m would be massive.

If we could dominate the Summit and get to the NCAA almost every year, that would start the snowball rolling.
    100% agree.....
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    100% agree.....
    Put me on the bandwagon - especially for WBB, but all the Olympic sports would be cost-effective investments.

That said, I still think that the Rams should come out with an annual calendar.