Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nil

Default Re: Nil

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    NDSU can't. They can't have anything to do with NIL. Why do people not get this?

Nothing's stopping someone unaffilliated with NDSU from starting an NIL collective.
    Technically, boosters arent supposed to either but the NCAA isnt enforcing it since it would get antitrust lawsuits

Really someone needs to start a for profit NIL. Non profit would be public and open for scrutiny.They can negotiate deals with businesees, more like an advertising agency. To appear not as an NDSU booster, they could even do a few NIL deals for MSUM or Concordia athletes. Pay themselves a small commission for overhead and to hire some staff

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Is ever there was a job more perfectly suited for LakesBison I could not imagine.
    I'm in. F it. Kevin lend me the start up cash, CAS sign the agreements, Izzy/Slick line up the Strippers!

what I HEARD from NDSU people was they were hoping there were enough businesses in Fargo to reach out to these NDSU players on their own, so they didn't need a "Collective NIL"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Technically, boosters arent supposed to either but the NCAA isnt enforcing it since it would get antitrust lawsuits

Really someone needs to start a for profit NIL. Non profit would be public and open for scrutiny.They can negotiate deals with businesees, more like an advertising agency. To appear not as an NDSU booster, they could even do a few NIL deals for MSUM or Concordia athletes. Pay themselves a small commission for overhead and to hire some staff
    If players are leaving because they want FBS opportunity (which is what vast majority of them are saying) I don’t see where NIL Collective will slow the exodus.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If players are leaving because they want FBS opportunity (which is what vast majority of them are saying) I don’t see where NIL Collective will slow the exodus.
    Well Mr. Debbie Downer----we gotta HOPE NIL Collective would help against the FBS exodus

If I get this much money in this hand.........I don't need to enter THE TRANSFER PORTAL

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    No mid major can compete vs P5 teams NIL. But we can significantly expand our depth by getting walk ons an NIL deal. Those top fringe D2 players that are getting partials will come here

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    No mid major can compete vs P5 teams NIL. But we can significantly expand our depth by getting walk ons an NIL deal. Those top fringe D2 players that are getting partials will come here
    So we’ll have D2 caliber players available to backfill for the FCS/FBS players who leave?
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

It’s also hard to know how to bid when an opponent goes Nil… do you bid higher since you know both your opponents will be ducking to preserve no tricks, or do you bid lower and duck as much as possible…? Hard to know.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s also hard to know how to bid when an opponent goes Nil… do you bid higher since you know both your opponents will be ducking to preserve no tricks, or do you bid lower and duck as much as possible…? Hard to know.
    Bro. Let Lakes sweat this shit. He was born for this.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Bro. Let Lakes sweat this shit. He was born for this.
    Call me skeptical, but Lakes strikes me as the “I’ll bid 4 when I should have bid 3” kinda guy…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

...nisi bonum*

* Good rule for the transfer portal-ers, imo.