Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nil

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Nil

I'm not a fan of NIL for sure since no parameters....

This is news my buddy told me

Greg McDermott told a buddy (of my buddy) that Scheirman got a $500,000 NIL deal to come to Creighton and that wasn't his biggest NIL offer.

McDermott said he spends more time talking to businesses trying to get $$$ instead of recruiting since feels more important

That is worrisome to know

$$$$$$$$$$$

Default Re: Nil

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    I'm not a fan of NIL for sure since no parameters....

This is news my buddy told me

Greg McDermott told a buddy (of my buddy) that Scheirman got a $500,000 NIL deal to come to Creighton and that wasn't his biggest NIL offer.

McDermott said he spends more time talking to businesses trying to get $$$ instead of recruiting since feels more important

That is worrisome to know

$$$$$$$$$$$
    Too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure Scheirman's NIL offers were widely reported when he transferred. Crazy offers were thrown his way so the decision was a no-brainer.

Expect the same for Grant.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Establish endowment for scholarships and shift all TeamMakers donations to NIL clearinghouse. I'm guessing collecting mandatory TM dues from season ticket sales would not be allowed since it's too closely aligned with the University. But are there really any rules anymore???

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Establish endowment for scholarships and shift all TeamMakers donations to NIL clearinghouse. I'm guessing collecting mandatory TM dues from season ticket sales would not be allowed since it's too closely aligned with the University. But are there really any rules anymore???
    Pretty sure TMers is tied directly to the university so this is not possible. Need someone to start an NIL collective. Maybe a gofundme?

This is the trajectory of super conferences forming and breaking away from the NCAA. Schools like us just cant compete with bigger school NIL deals. We recruit a player and he becomes good, most will just transfer up.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    This is the trajectory of super conferences forming and breaking away from the NCAA. Schools like us just cant compete with bigger school NIL deals. We recruit a player and he becomes good, most will just transfer up.

At that point they wouldn't have any issues with how their university tied fund raising entities spent their money... NO RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe we need to hire someone to work on NIL deals? The coach should coach, not be a sales rep

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Maybe we need to hire someone to work on NIL deals? The coach should coach, not be a sales rep
    Is ever there was a job more perfectly suited for LakesBison I could not imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    NDSU can't. They can't have anything to do with NIL. Why do people not get this?

Nothing's stopping someone unaffilliated with NDSU from starting an NIL collective.

The toughest decision to make sometimes is when you have an obvious Nil hand but you have a high spade, like a Queen or Jack… if your opponents sluff the overs, you’re fucked…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery