Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trey Lance is an Iowa State fan

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Trey Lance is an Iowa State fan

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    In NFL history, Trey is the youngest starter in the NFL in 2022. **one of the youngest drafted since the 1950s**
    NFL loves youth and a guy who can run 23 Mph with a cannon. The same rules dont apply when it comes to potential. He left too early so he needs to develop.
    Wait wait wait... Yesterday he ran 21.5 mph... Is this going to be your new metric instead of 40 times?
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    We were discussing this at a funeral this weekend. None of us really felt like we had a handle on what he's worth. Dude hasn't played a lot of football. Experience isn't everything but teams aren't gonna want a dude who hasn't played in years when they could draft their own guy, right?

As herdbot said, he's still a young guy. Maybe it'll work out. Either way, he was a high draft pick and has made a lot of money. So good for him.

Who knows, maybe he starts next year in San Fran, think people might be jumping the gun in assuming Purdy is "the guy" there now.
    As much as I'd love to see TL succeed for my favorite NFL team, Purdy sure looks like he's the real deal and is the pretty easy choice going forward IMO. It seems reminiscent of when Brady came in due to injury and never looked back. Not saying Purdy's career is going to look like Brady's when it's all said and done, but I think he's made the most of his opportunity and will have a nice long career with a few Pro Bowl selections.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    As much as I'd love to see TL succeed for my favorite NFL team, Purdy sure looks like he's the real deal and is the pretty easy choice going forward IMO. It seems reminiscent of when Brady came in due to injury and never looked back. Not saying Purdy's career is going to look like Brady's when it's all said and done, but I think he's made the most of his opportunity and will have a nice long career with a few Pro Bowl selections.
    Well Purdy is about as proven in the NFL as Trey was in college. No Trey didn't play anybody and basically ran over guys to a perfect season in college. But it's not like Purdy is dicing up the best of the best. He has played Miami, Tampa, Seattle, Washington, Vegas, Arizona, and Seattle again. Yes he technically played against 3 playoff teams, but a lot of QB's in the league could have won all of those games with who he has around him. Now he did look very good this last weekend against Seattle, but he didn't light up anyone before then. I mean even Goff threw for almost 400 against Seattle so what does that mean? But there is definitely something to be said for being healthy and being ready and taking advantage of it, but that means Pro Bowls?? That's pushing it.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Well Purdy is about as proven in the NFL as Trey was in college. No Trey didn't play anybody and basically ran over guys to a perfect season in college. But it's not like Purdy is dicing up the best of the best. He has played Miami, Tampa, Seattle, Washington, Vegas, Arizona, and Seattle again. Yes he technically played against 3 playoff teams, but a lot of QB's in the league could have won all of those games with who he has around him. Now he did look very good this last weekend against Seattle, but he didn't light up anyone before then. I mean even Goff threw for almost 400 against Seattle so what does that mean? But there is definitely something to be said for being healthy and being ready and taking advantage of it, but that means Pro Bowls?? That's pushing it.
    If Dallas D plays as fast and physical against 9rs as they did against Tampa, this game will get interesting for Purdy.

Not sure if Dallas D had Tampa’s pass game down to a T, of if they can just be that good when they want to be. Also seemed like they were all coked given how they were playing.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Wait wait wait... Yesterday he ran 21.5 mph... Is this going to be your new metric instead of 40 times?
    And to think the bar used to be the 3 cone drill.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    You know come to think of it, it is not just the QB that has all the latent in the world, it is also his teammates that want to play for him. Trey Lance could be freaking 7ft tall, press 300lbs, throw 100 yards effortlessly and run a 4.1 none of this matter if his teamates do not want to play for him. This is exactly whats going on in SanFrancisco. His teamates wanted Jimmy and not Trey now they want Brock. As long as Trey is with 49ers he will never succeed. They will call him a project, no experience, no accuracy everything that will only bring him down. Forget Carson Wentz, Look what happened to Jalen Hurts. They said all the bad things about Jalen Hurts when when came out of college , he did not succeed in Alabama because of this because of that, now he is in Philadelphia with a team that believes in him, with WRs like Smitty and AJ Brown that will ball out for him, he is a MVP. Same thing with Trey, he better get the hell out of 49ers and work like hell during offseason. If he does these two things, he will succeed like Jalen Hurts or else he will be holding the clipboard and giving water on the sidelines to his teamates.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Purdy has is locked down. The Niners have a system in place for QBs and can plug anyone in

Thats OK, Trey has a bright future. The guy should have been a senior with NDSU this year, just to get a feel for how ridiculously young he was being drafted. His time as a 49er is essentially a longer than normal redshirt and his trade value is high.

I think that Purdy could have stayed at Iowa State this year and used his COVID option. Ironically, before the season, Iowa State fans were all pumped up about Hunter Dekkers, thinking he would make us forget about Purdy (and Max Duggen whom we recruited hard).
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post

Purdy 49-ers jerseys are hits at Iowa State basketball games. I love that he is wearing #13!

https://www.shop49ers.com/mens-nike-...848-3254095609
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Purdy 49-ers jerseys are hits at Iowa State basketball games. I love that he is wearing #13!

https://www.shop49ers.com/mens-nike-...848-3254095609
    Good for Brock, but I wish my man Trey got a fair shot as well. I think 49ers is not Trey's destiny.