Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU vs ORU

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU vs ORU

Not just the beatdown in Sioux Falls, we swept ORU last season, 3 wins against them. A lot of that was contributed to our size advantage last year, we don't necessarily have that this year but we do have quicker guards to defend Abmas and McBride, the wild card is the 7'5" Vanover, if he get hot from 3 it throws a wrench into how we defend, it's the reason we struggled to beat ORU when Obanor was there. We hedge screens hard to stop Abmas but it leaves the screener open enough to get a shot up, if they make them it puts us in a bind, should be a fun one.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Not just the beatdown in Sioux Falls, we swept ORU last season, 3 wins against them. A lot of that was contributed to our size advantage last year, we don't necessarily have that this year but we do have quicker guards to defend Abmas and McBride, the wild card is the 7'5" Vanover, if he get hot from 3 it throws a wrench into how we defend, it's the reason we struggled to beat ORU when Obanor was there. We hedge screens hard to stop Abmas but it leaves the screener open enough to get a shot up, if they make them it puts us in a bind, should be a fun one.
    I expect ORU to run a ton of high ball screens with Vanover. NDSU has shown when defending the high ball screen that will give the big an open look. If Vanover gets hot from 3 it will be interesting how ndsu adjusts to that. Also curious to see who ORU matches up Vanover with on defense. Dont think he can keep up with Grant and Morgan is physical presence who could draw fouls on the big man.

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    I expect ORU to run a ton of high ball screens with Vanover. NDSU has shown when defending the high ball screen that will give the big an open look. If Vanover gets hot from 3 it will be interesting how ndsu adjusts to that. Also curious to see who ORU matches up Vanover with on defense. Dont think he can keep up with Grant and Morgan is physical presence who could draw fouls on the big man.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they go zone, I don't know that they've played it, not sure it's something they do but Grant would blow right by him. In man to man I think they'll have Mwamba on Grant and I agree, I think Morgan can abuse Vanover so hoping that's the case.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I'm actually excited for this one! First time in the SHAC this year.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This game will REALLY challenge our growth on team defense with Abmas and McBride attacking off the dribble

I would GUESS Vanover's points are passes/lobs from "dunk spot" after Abmas and McBride get into the lane

Think it will be very important for NDSU to attack and not settle for 3's----need to get some easy ones at the FT line

Grant will NEED a special game or NDSU will have to make over 12 3's as a team to have a chance as I'm not sure we can score with Oral Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by Kujava23 View Post
    This game will REALLY challenge our growth on team defense with Abmas and McBride attacking off the dribble

I would GUESS Vanover's points are passes/lobs from "dunk spot" after Abmas and McBride get into the lane

Think it will be very important for NDSU to attack and not settle for 3's----need to get some easy ones at the FT line

Grant will NEED a special game or NDSU will have to make over 12 3's as a team to have a chance as I'm not sure we can score with Oral Roberts
    Have we ever played a 7-5 center before?

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Have we ever played a 7-5 center before?
    Some non DI a couple years ago had a guy near that. He was not good, as expected. ORU’s 7 footer
    is good. Actually shoots threes as well!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Is this game on ESPN+? I may actually watch.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Impressive student section turnout and were 40 mins til tip!

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Impressive student section turnout and were 40 mins til tip!
    Average age in attendance tonight is 30 years younger than usual... EASY.