Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GDT @ Omaha

Default Re: GDT @ Omaha

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Sorry but I mean like break down inside the budgets. There is so much murkiness to how these budgets work. If Omaha genuinely “spends” more than NDSU on basketball I’ll eat my shorts.
    If more money makes a team better, how and why did we just beat them fairly handily? Blows my mind.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    If more money makes a team better, how and why did we just beat them fairly handily? Blows my mind.
    I know it... makes you realize the ROI on Richman and the men's basketball program isn't nearly as bad as many on this board would like everyone to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I know it... makes you realize the ROI on Richman and the men's basketball program isn't nearly as bad as many on this board would like everyone to believe.
    Dave coaches in one of the worst leagues in mens basketball D1 historically last 7-8 years. Bottom 10 or very close every year.
    Look it up. Facts again hurt people here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Dave coaches in one of the worst leagues in mens basketball D1 historically last 7-8 years. Bottom 10 or very close every year.
    And yet NDSU funds their program in the middle of the pack for that historically bad league. What does that tell you about the commitment to the program within the athletic department??? What should our expectations be given those facts???

Honestly you guys sound like UND hockey fans shitting on NDSU football because it's "JV" not realizing you're shitting on your own team. All this talk about the Summit League being awful just reinforces that NDSU basketball is about at it's ceiling given the resources put into the program. They've been in the conference championship each of the last 4 years winning it twice despite showing no emphasis towards reaching higher than that. If you want to fire Richman be my guest... it's about time to see where a new voice can lead the program but just realize you've got just as good of a chance, maybe moreso, of the program regressing as you do of it getting back to the Miles days or the Saul highlight year given what they're paying.

If you really want to see what it takes to be in contention to win games in the round of 64 in the NCAA tournament check out the MVC or the MWC schools when it comes to basketball expenses at https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/compare/search (hint: NDSU is at about one half to one third of what it takes to compete in those leagues).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Congratulations on finally reaching 2010 basketball knowledge. Weve known that here since its inception.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Honestly you guys sound like UND hockey fans shitting on NDSU football because it's "JV" not realizing you're shitting on your own team. All this talk about the Summit League being awful just reinforces that NDSU basketball is about at it's ceiling given the resources put into the program. They've been in the conference championship each of the last 4 years winning it twice despite showing no emphasis towards reaching higher than that. If you want to fire Richman be my guest... it's about time to see where a new voice can lead the program but just realize you've got just as good of a chance, maybe moreso, of the program regressing as you do of it getting back to the Miles days or the Saul highlight year given what they're paying.

If you really want to see what it takes to be in contention to win games in the round of 64 in the NCAA tournament check out the MVC or the MWC schools when it comes to basketball expenses at https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/compare/search (hint: NDSU is at about one half to one third of what it takes to compete in those leagues).
    Hasn't our BB budget increased since Miles and Saul's time here? Don't we have an upgraded arena and practice facilities since those guys left? Yet Richman can't compete against weaker OOC competition. And I'd say the SL was even stronger 10 years ago as well. That's pretty telling of this staff isn't it? Sure more money can make some more things happen but this staff hasn't proven to me that they'll get the most out of it either!

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch, bitch. Do some of you really have nothing better to do with your lives than come on Bisonville and bitch about this program? If it's not one thing it's another. This team is finding it's groove finally, we've won 5 straight and I come on here thinking people will be excited about the turnaround and instead this team isn't good, it's just the conference is weak. Get lost. If you've actually watched this team at all you'd know the huge strides they've made, we are 100 times better defensively than we were at the beginning of the year, the offense finally has figured out how to work through Nelson and Morgan and still have other players contribute and some of these young guys like Jacari White and Damari Wheeler-Thomas have improved by leaps and bounds over the course of this season. If this team was playing like this all year, I count at least 5 more OOC wins we'd have and hell if they were playing like this to start league play I don't think we'd have a loss in conference either and we'd be sitting at 15-4, 7-0 in league play and then somebody would come on here and bitch that we didn't beat a power 5 team. Don't get me wrong, I despise the fact that every year goes like this and for some reason Richman's process takes 3 months each season until we find our groove but at least enjoy when it's going well. Oh and in case you thought playing good defense was the only thing we've been doing we've also scored 48, 47 and 50 points in the 2nd halves of our last 3 games.

HUGE game against ORU Thursday night and another big one Saturday against KC who I have as the 3rd or 4th best team in conference right now. PACK THE SHAC and enjoy the ride, should be a good one the rest of the way.
    Last edited by bisonfan08; 01-16-2023 at 04:37 PM.

Richman said that t would take time for this team to bring it all together. This was obvious with all the young guys. Son of a bitch, he was right. Playing really well right now. Big games this week! For those still bitching…I cant help you. I mean, you could be cheering for an 0-6 UND team!!
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Richman said that t would take time for this team to bring it all together. This was obvious with all the young guys. Son of a bitch, he was right. Playing really well right now. Big games this week! For those still bitching…I cant help you. I mean, you could be cheering for an 0-6 UND team!!
    White has really started stepping up. I think overall summit is down this year but I'll take the progress this team is showing. Huge game coming up like you say..