Thread: Montana is playing Ferris State next season

Default Montana is playing Ferris State next season

Yikes. You may remember Ferris State coming to NDSU back in 2013 which I believe was their coach's (Tony Annese) first year. Despite a lopsided score, they looked pretty impressive: Football vs Ferris State on 9/7/2013 - Box Score - NDSU (gobison.com)

Well, they've gone 115-17 under Annese and won the last two D2 titles. I respect Montana for daring to schedule these guys but, holy carp, what were they thinking? Are they wanting to celebrate the 20th anniversary of getting beat by a D2 team?

Default Re: Montana is playing Ferris State next season

They are probably bringing them in so they can get a closer look at Ferris's coach. He might be on their future hires list.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Yikes. You may remember Ferris State coming to NDSU back in 2013 which I believe was their coach's (Tony Annese) first year. Despite a lopsided score, they looked pretty impressive: Football vs Ferris State on 9/7/2013 - Box Score - NDSU (gobison.com)

Well, they've gone 115-17 under Annese and won the last two D2 titles. I respect Montana for daring to schedule these guys but, holy carp, what were they thinking? Are they wanting to celebrate the 20th anniversary of getting beat by a D2 team?
    History repeats itself. It would be funny if it did...

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

This reminds me of when Montana scheduled Dixie State. There's a thread that was started that was pretty funny.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Montana has no desire to move up, so they should play them

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

The modern D2 is so bad, it's really not a huge acomplishment. Very few D2 schools even spend the full allotment of scholarships

Looking at that Bison starting defense, holy moly

DL- Jirik, Emanual, Drevlow and Perry
    LB - Beck, Olson, Littlejohn
    CB - CJ Smith & Marcus
    S - Heagle and Dudzik

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    The modern D2 is so bad, it's really not a huge acomplishment. Very few D2 schools even spend the full allotment of scholarships

CB - CJ Smith & Marcus
    S - Heagle and Dudzik
    That...must have been one of the most fun defenses of all time.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

CB - CJ Smith & Marcus
    S - Heagle and Dudzik
    We should consider ourselves lucky that we lived on the Earth at the same time as this group.

Montana State schedules Ferris.

SDSU Jacks: "Hold my beer!"

Bunnies schedule Western Oregon.

It would be funny if Ferris State smoked cigars in the locker room after beating Montana.

https://deadspin.com/ferris-state-to...caa-1850273580