Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BiZon vs. Stanford

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default BiZon vs. Stanford

Back in action against Stanford. Wrestlestat has the BiZon winning 7 matches and a score of 23-10. One of the three Stanford victory projections is for Franek to lose a decision at 157. I see this match being a little closer with the match count 6-4 BiZon or 5-5. I’d also have Franek winning his match. For what it’s worth Here’s my predictions.

125 Stanford - 3 hoping Negrete is back and wrestles aggressively. If he’s not this is 5-6 points for Stanford
    133 Stanford - 3 could go either way but I need to see more out of Midkiff before I can pick him
    141 BiZon - 3 Dylan should secure the decision. Would love to see a major
    149 Stanford - 3 March is wrestling with confidence. I hope he keeps it up and proves me wrong.
    157 BiZon - 3 quality opponent but I think Franeks experience wins the match
    165 Stanford - 3 Caliendo lost 3-2 to #2 ranked Griffith at the southern scuffle. I see a Dec but not as close
    174 Stanford - 3 another close match that goes to the home team
    184 BiZon - 4 DJ has some confidence back. A match he should win with bonus points
    197 BiZon - 6 Pentz with another pin!
    hwt BiZon - 3 wrestled well at the scuffle against some decent competition. I’ll go with a 1 point decision

I have a 5-5 split in matches with the Bizon winning 19-15. I Probably won’t be close but it’s a fun exercise anyway. Go BiZon!!!!
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Default Re: BiZon vs. Stanford

This is by far Franeks biggest challenge until Tulsa. Midkiff needs to accumulate some wins, think he starts a nice win streak tonight. Think 149/157/165 will be the key matchups, in my opinion think Bison will go 2-1 in those matchups in a close Bison win. I hope we get the bonus points PaBizon is predicting, we may need it

Should be a very competitive dual and Stanford definitely has a good chance in this one. I could see every match outside of 125 being close (I think we see Henningson). Huge matches for Franek, Caliendo, and Midkiff tonight.

If Caliendo can spring the upset, it will do wonders for his NCAA seed and Franek could damn near lock in the 2 seed.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we see Barreto at 133, but I hope they give Midkiff a shot to earn a nice win

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    (I think we see Henningson)
    I think you're right. I don't see Carlos warming up.

Quote Originally Posted by RadioBison View Post
    I think you're right. I don't see Carlos warming up.
    Yeah, and Henningson is out there.

I haven't seen Barreto either

Stanford 125 Provo looked bad vs Griffen from cal baptist too. Sucks for Negrete

Quote Originally Posted by PaBizon View Post
    Back in action against Stanford. Wrestlestat has the BiZon winning 7 matches and a score of 23-10. One of the three Stanford victory projections is for Franek to lose a decision at 157. I see this match being a little closer with the match count 6-4 BiZon or 5-5. I’d also have Franek winning his match. For what it’s worth Here’s my predictions.

125 Stanford - 3 hoping Negrete is back and wrestles aggressively. If he’s not this is 5-6 points for Stanford
    133 Stanford - 3 could go either way but I need to see more out of Midkiff before I can pick him
    141 BiZon - 3 Dylan should secure the decision. Would love to see a major
    149 Stanford - 3 March is wrestling with confidence. I hope he keeps it up and proves me wrong.
    157 BiZon - 3 quality opponent but I think Franeks experience wins the match
    165 Stanford - 3 Caliendo lost 3-2 to #2 ranked Griffith at the southern scuffle. I see a Dec but not as close
    174 Stanford - 3 another close match that goes to the home team
    184 BiZon - 4 DJ has some confidence back. A match he should win with bonus points
    197 BiZon - 6 Pentz with another pin!
    hwt BiZon - 3 wrestled well at the scuffle against some decent competition. I’ll go with a 1 point decision

I have a 5-5 split in matches with the Bizon winning 19-15. I Probably won’t be close but it’s a fun exercise anyway. Go BiZon!!!!
    Edit: with Negrete out I’ll say 125 is a TF for Stanford making the final 19-17 BiZon

Are we starting at 157?

I’m guessing when wrestlers know they have back to back matches they may not expend extra energy in the first one.

Here’s to hoping Negrete’s injury doesn’t keep him out much longer.