Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    SDSU rushed for 283 yards in the championship game. (UIW rushed for 257 yards in the semifinal.)

If NDSU can cut that number in half, on November 4th, I think they will be fine.
    SDSU is returning every starter on the o-line too. They will be phenomenal

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes they will be. The only offensive starter they lose is Tucker Kraft and they have Zach Heins to replace him. They have done an excellent job of recruiting.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sp...s/69794599007/

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We can say it until the cows come home, THEN what is stopping NDSU from doing the same? We were and perhaps still are the Gold Standard. If we have done substandard jobs in recruiting, then FIX it. Put the egos aside and take a hard look what has gone wrong. Didn't we used to have a Florida pipeline for example? Maybe we still do. I just have not been hearing about it. SDSU looked at us for their model on how to build and recruit. It is strange to see blue-clad football players on the victory platform by the way. Jarring actually.

Quote Originally Posted by AlumniGreen View Post
    We can say it until the cows come home, THEN what is stopping NDSU from doing the same? We were and perhaps still are the Gold Standard. If we have done substandard jobs in recruiting, then FIX it. Put the egos aside and take a hard look what has gone wrong. Didn't we used to have a Florida pipeline for example? Maybe we still do. I just have not been hearing about it. SDSU looked at us for their model on how to build and recruit. It is strange to see blue-clad football players on the victory platform by the way. Jarring actually.
    As Lou Holtz said "the other schools give scholarships too".

NDSU's run of dominance lasted an incredibly and unnaturally long time. It was not sustainable. The good news is NDSU knows better than anyone else the formula to get back there but it also takes a fair amount of luck.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Standing along the barrier for both teams' walk up to the stadium on Sunday, it was pretty glaring the obvious size difference between NDSU and sdsu. We NEED to get back to recruiting truly big (read tall) boys, especially on the O and D lines, and trusting our staff to build them into men. As much as we have been QBU, we've also been tall TEU. No longer apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Standing along the barrier for both teams' walk up to the stadium on Sunday, it was pretty glaring the obvious size difference between NDSU and sdsu. We NEED to get back to recruiting truly big (read tall) boys, especially on the O and D lines, and trusting our staff to build them into men. As much as we have been QBU, we've also been tall TEU. No longer apparently.
    I dont know why we have changed to Smaller and Quicker when It never worked for our opponents?????
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont know why we have changed to Smaller and Quicker when It never worked for our opponents?????
    Our D line is starting to look like ME. Give me 4 Nate Tanguays and 4 Cole Jirik's.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Plus, why fix something that wasn’t broken on Dline? If you can keep LBs (assuming decent size/speed) clean, that’s a recipe for a good run-D. A once-in-lifetime Travis Beck may show up too.

It’s like we became “them” and “they” became us, and passed us by.

ORIGINS of Entz and Braun is something called Winona State. It’s sometimes difficult to abandon your historical roots.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by cas4127 View Post
    plus, why fix something that wasn’t broken on dline? If you can keep lbs (assuming decent size/speed) clean, that’s a recipe for a good run-d. A once-in-lifetime travis beck may show up too.

Origins of entz and braun is something called winona state. It’s sometimes difficult to abandon your historical roots.
    exactly!!!!!!!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Plus, why fix something that wasn’t broken on Dline? If you can keep LBs (assuming decent size/speed) clean, that’s a recipe for a good run-D. A once-in-lifetime Travis Beck may show up too.

ORIGINS of Entz and Braun is something called Winona State. It’s sometimes difficult to abandon your historical roots.
    SDSU might be even better next season. Interesting that they're still looking to schedule their 11th game.

First team to beat us twice in same season since 94 I believe