Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Tarentaise View Post
    I have a thought. Back in the late 60s we had two huge defensive tackles. One was Mr. Hanson who played for the Giants and was 6ft-5''and 290 pounds and the other whose name escapes me but he was killed in a duck hunting accident on an off
    week from a shotgun. His number was later retired and he would have had a huge NFL career. He was 6ft 6'' and 250. Those two made it impossible to run up the middle. I think we should move two offensive lineman to defense. I suggest Max Rader
    who is 6' 6''and 245 #. He is a very agressive player and good on his feet and could bulk up to 290 pounds. The other player is Hunter Poncius who is 6'8''and 311 pounds.He played hockey in high school . I know some will say he's too big or just leave
    on offense. But could you imagine those two in the middle of the defensive line knocking down passes and stopping the run. Braden Rucker could be brought over too from the offensive line. Entz just won't think outside of the box. Entz is the poorest
    coach since we moved to division one and i have felt we should never have made Roehl the offensive coordinator. I've said enough and look forward to the rebuttal.
    Rader transferred to Sconny.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Tarentaise View Post
    I have a thought. Back in the late 60s we had two huge defensive tackles. One was Mr. Hanson who played for the Giants and was 6ft-5''and 290 pounds and the other whose name escapes me but he was killed in a duck hunting accident on an off
    week from a shotgun. His number was later retired and he would have had a huge NFL career. He was 6ft 6'' and 250. Those two made it impossible to run up the middle. I think we should move two offensive lineman to defense. I suggest Max Rader
    who is 6' 6''and 245 #. He is a very agressive player and good on his feet and could bulk up to 290 pounds. The other player is Hunter Poncius who is 6'8''and 311 pounds.He played hockey in high school . I know some will say he's too big or just leave
    on offense. But could you imagine those two in the middle of the defensive line knocking down passes and stopping the run. Braden Rucker could be brought over too from the offensive line. Entz just won't think outside of the box. Entz is the poorest
    coach since we moved to division one and i have felt we should never have made Roehl the offensive coordinator. I've said enough and look forward to the rebuttal.
    The player was Paul Bothof.

I heard there was 5 that transfered in so far...anyone have a list and details?

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisoningrandforks View Post
    I heard there was 5 that transfered in so far...anyone have a list and details?
    Zenzen - DE
    Zatechka - interior OL
    Shepherd - CB
    Gulley - LB

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Zenzen - DE
    Zatechka - interior OL
    Shepherd - CB
    Gulley - LB
    El Chirpo - P5 cheerleader

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    We can talk about Entz's recruiting now? But I thought we lost our Bison card doing so and the green and gold glasses must stay on on BV.
    SDSU knew they had to do something different to win like the Bison so Stigs recruited like the Bison and look at them now. Entz and his staff on the other hand...well...I've got my glasses on.
    Well if you want Entz to be like Stig you have to give him 20 more years to develop. Bringing in great coordinators make great head coaches, that’s the only explanation for Stig finally getting his trophy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    The tall TE’s may already be on campus, it’s just a matter of who, hopefully, steps forward next season. Plus Joe Stoffel will be around for another year or two at a size closer to Ben Ellefson.
    Carson Williams - 6’ 4” 240 RFr
    Finn Diggins - 6’ 4” 247 RFr
    Kelby Azure - 6’ 4” 227 FR
    Kaden Zenzen - 6’ 4” 227 FR
    Nate Forystek - 6’ 5” 237 FR

Overall I would mention that by 247’s standards the Bison are still doing very well recruiting.
    That would be regarding number of stars/ratings/number of offers.
    But yes, the height/overall size of the OL/DL seems smaller.
    Does not mean they can’t be very good players, but it can change things.

I’ve been surprised the Bison have not found a 6’ 5” + prospect in the portal, especially after losing 6’ 6” FR Max Rader to the Portal. And especially with the two OL that NDSU did offer in the portal both being under 6’ 5”. I’ve mentioned a number of times that the majority of OL starting for NDSU since the 2011 season or so have been 6’ 5” +, so would like to see another big Ram join the team. 2 of the recruits who did sign in the early period were 6’ 5”, two were 6’ 3”.
    Isn’t it early on in recruiting the current portal list? Guys were still entering a few days ago. Must be a lot of research and recruitment to be done. If we recruited some candidates before they would have a head start on those. Seems like it may take a while to find the right fit.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post
    Isn’t it early on in recruiting the current portal list? Guys were still entering a few days ago. Must be a lot of research and recruitment to be done. If we recruited some candidates before they would have a head start on those. Seems like it may take a while to find the right fit.

No No. You just offer 3 and 4 stars or P5 drop downs. Pay no attention to character or team fit, at least acoording to one poster.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by GFBison View Post

Yes and No.

Yes to new names as you reference, plus there is a later open portal period later this spring. Plus the many names who have yet to find a home.

No to those who tranfers who wanted to be enrolled in time for 2nd semester - a lot of them got their decision made accordingly.

With all this Transfer Portal activity, plus Super Seniors occupying many schollies nationwide, I still have hopes for more high school players signing also. Could be some nice prospects who have trouble finding a home when the music stops……unless FBS teams start throwing enough NIL money around to make up for not having a scholarship.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Yes and No.

Yes to new names as you reference, plus there is a later open portal period later this spring. Plus the many names who have yet to find a home.

No to those who tranfers who wanted to be enrolled in time for 2nd semester - a lot of them got their decision made accordingly.

With all this Transfer Portal activity, plus Super Seniors occupying many schollies nationwide, I still have hopes for more high school players signing also. Could be some nice prospects who have trouble finding a home when the music stops……unless FBS teams start throwing enough NIL money around to make up for not having a scholarship.
    Gawd, what a mess !!!