Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

F - dback depth took another hit

With Bussey and Johnson now in the Portal...we're fortunate that TaMerick is coming back for his "super senior" year, or else we would've been up shit creek without a paddle. Williams, Marshall, and Kpeenu will get the bulk of the carries, in an extremely thin RB room...does incoming Freshman, Marty Brown, now get forced into immediate playing time? May need to try and target a Portal guy or two ourselves for the late signing period.

Depth chart updated. We need a portal RB for depth. TK Marshall is serviceable but I prefer him as our #3 back.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Updated: 1/20/23

This is what I came up with for now. Could have a few additions/losses in the coming weeks too.

I really like the starting OL but depth at G/C seems like a concern. We have more depth/potential at DLine than we realize. Really need the LBs to step up next year. Need a 3rd corner to step up. SS is a ???

LT M Miller H Poncius
    LG G Zabel I Zatecha
    C B Westberg I Zatecha
    RG J Kubas H Johnston
    RT J Sundell J Rock
    TE J Stoffel J Streit
    WR Z Mathis B Henderson/C Hegerle
    WR R Nelson E Green/M Collins/B Lance
    FB H Brozio L Hofstedt
    RB T Williams T Marshall
    QB C Miller C Payton
    DE H Zenzen L Roques/D Hendricks
    DT E Mostaert W Mostaert/K Huismann
    NG J Derritt J Duttenhefer/K Huismann
    DE T Pierce J Kava/K Menz
    WLB C Wisniewski M Gulley
    MLB L Weerts N Kubitz
    SLB L Kopp O Benson
    CB M Sheppard J Alexander
    SS J Wlodarczyk S Jung
    FS R Jones R King
    CB J Price A Coleman
    with the FCS so PUD this Depth Chart is a Final 4 team.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Portal Wish List: 1 RB (Bruce Anderson mold), 1 TE (6-5 Noah mold), 1-2 CB, 1 S, 1 DT (Bonafide Manbearpig), 1 LB and 1 (Good) DC.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Jay is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Depth chart updated. We need a portal RB for depth. TK Marshall is serviceable but I prefer him as our #3 back.
    Coleman is gone. We need serious help in the DB room.

Alexander/Shepherd at CB... Price/Wlodarczyk at safety.

Jones/King/Givance adding some depth. Or keep Price at CB and rely heavily on young talent. We 100% need portal help.

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    With Bussey and Johnson now in the Portal...we're fortunate that TaMerick is coming back for his "super senior" year, or else we would've been up shit creek without a paddle. Williams, Marshall, and Kpeenu will get the bulk of the carries, in an extremely thin RB room...does incoming Freshman, Marty Brown, now get forced into immediate playing time? May need to try and target a Portal guy or two ourselves for the late signing period.
    T-Mac will have a huge year but we will be able to fill the RB spot. All these guys started or played valuable time as true or redshirt freshman. Bruce Anderson, Lance Dunn, Chase Morlock, Ty Brooks, Seth Wilson, etc... Whether we find a stud true freshman, a transfer portal guy or watch guys like Kpeenu, TK Marshall, or an under the radar guy like Owen Johnson take his game to the next level, we can fill it. Owen started his redshirt Freshman year at 5-10, 211. Strong runner who fits our system. But we need to fill some spots for sure.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Who are some candidates to switch positions to CB, S, or RB?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Not so sure we shouldn’t do more of the Portal with RBs. The NFL doesn’t even put a premium on them anymore. Lots of great backs out there.

But I’ll say that TR really needs to get his shit together in a hurry and have a more dynamic attack, just like we need more dynamic RBs.

I mean, run some stretch zone blocking like SDSU does and let your RBs just make some plays.

Juat like it’s time for our AD to step up, so is it for TR, or he needs to be gone. Period.

And we need a solid DC with some creativity and balls. Not to be nostalgic or sound like I’m bragging, but my DC actually designed specific blitzes just to allow me to get to QB/blow play up because of my speed (not size). Get effing busy already. If we have elite defender(s) use him/them. Our blitz package this year sucked and was terrible in timing.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Question Re: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont know why we have changed to Smaller and Quicker when It never worked for our opponents?????
    I have a thought. Back in the late 60s we had two huge defensive tackles. One was Mr. Hanson who played for the Giants and was 6ft-5''and 290 pounds and the other whose name escapes me but he was killed in a duck hunting accident on an off
    week from a shotgun. His number was later retired and he would have had a huge NFL career. He was 6ft 6'' and 250. Those two made it impossible to run up the middle. I think we should move two offensive lineman to defense. I suggest Max Rader
    who is 6' 6''and 245 #. He is a very agressive player and good on his feet and could bulk up to 290 pounds. The other player is Hunter Poncius who is 6'8''and 311 pounds.He played hockey in high school . I know some will say he's too big or just leave
    on offense. But could you imagine those two in the middle of the defensive line knocking down passes and stopping the run. Braden Rucker could be brought over too from the offensive line. Entz just won't think outside of the box. Entz is the poorest
    coach since we moved to division one and i have felt we should never have made Roehl the offensive coordinator. I've said enough and look forward to the rebuttal.