Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Which November did we last peak in?
    November was basically every regular season game after the SDSU loss when we played good footbal. Although that usually carries over into the playoffs. At least it did under Klieman.

Under our current coordinators we have struggled at times in December.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    We can talk about Entz's recruiting now? But I thought we lost our Bison card doing so and the green and gold glasses must stay on on BV.
    SDSU knew they had to do something different to win like the Bison so Stigs recruited like the Bison and look at them now. Entz and his staff on the other hand...well...I've got my glasses on.
    When could you not talk about Bison recruiting???
    Do you have examples?

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Since Entz took over recruiting has declined. Lack of big lineman on D especially, lack of tall TEs, etc.
    The tall TE’s may already be on campus, it’s just a matter of who, hopefully, steps forward next season. Plus Joe Stoffel will be around for another year or two at a size closer to Ben Ellefson.
    Carson Williams - 6’ 4” 240 RFr
    Finn Diggins - 6’ 4” 247 RFr
    Kelby Azure - 6’ 4” 227 FR
    Kaden Zenzen - 6’ 4” 227 FR
    Nate Forystek - 6’ 5” 237 FR

Overall I would mention that by 247’s standards the Bison are still doing very well recruiting.
    That would be regarding number of stars/ratings/number of offers.
    But yes, the height/overall size of the OL/DL seems smaller.
    Does not mean they can’t be very good players, but it can change things.

I’ve been surprised the Bison have not found a 6’ 5” + prospect in the portal, especially after losing 6’ 6” FR Max Rader to the Portal. And especially with the two OL that NDSU did offer in the portal both being under 6’ 5”. I’ve mentioned a number of times that the majority of OL starting for NDSU since the 2011 season or so have been 6’ 5” +, so would like to see another big Ram join the team. 2 of the recruits who did sign in the early period were 6’ 5”, two were 6’ 3”.

With all the super seniors the last couple of years I call complete bullshit on recruiting issues. Nobody has any idea what the entz recruiting classes look like at this point.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxHockeyBisonFo View Post
    With all the super seniors the last couple of years I call complete bullshit on recruiting issues. Nobody has any idea what the entz recruiting classes look like at this point.

This is the correct take. Super seniors have thrown the recruiting cycle out of whack. Caused players to leave because they are stuck behind returning seniors. Also the motto those who stay will be champions causes im sure some issues with people staying and coaches showing loyalty when there is possibly a youngers pushing him but we value loyalty so it keeps the youngster down. If not for super seniors Sigle would have been on the field much more this year.

Nah, sorry. They recruited in the same environment that Stig did.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Nope. Most of the guys playing weren't even his recruits. The next couple years will tell way more about this coaching staffs recruits. take a look at the 2019 roster before continuing this argument.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Then it depends on proper ability to evaluate talent/potential. I’m not sold on that. I recall thing Dom G. Wasn’t the right back for us. We know how that turned out.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Nope. Most of the guys playing weren't even his recruits. The next couple years will tell way more about this coaching staffs recruits. take a look at the 2019 roster before continuing this argument.

Keep in mind Entz and Hedberg recruited Minnesota, our largest state. It was partially his territory under Klieman. He was the guy who got many great players. Klieman was the closer. Goeser and Roehl recruitred many great players as well. What we miss is the great work Klanderman and Austin did.

Entz recruits insanely good character kids. Under Bohl, we had some years where a dozen players were getting arrested or flunking out of school. But Bohl did take some chances on players like John Crockett, who became not only a great player but a good student. Entz is super conservative
    Last edited by HerdBot; 01-18-2023 at 04:32 AM.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

[QUOTE=HerdBot;1606172
    Entz recruits insanely good character kids. Under Bohl, we had some years where a dozen players were getting arrested or flunking out of school. But Bohl did take some chances on players like John Crockett, who became not only a great player but a good student. Entz is super conservative[/QUOTE]

This team for the last 12 years during this run has had an unbelievably high level of high quality students. The lack of college kids getting in trouble has been really unbelievable and that goes to the coaches and players keeping people accountable. Yes there has been an incident or two but it seems the level of high character student athletes has been fantastic and something to brag about.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.