Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Dom Davis, he's gotta be pushing 30 lol
    Lol - yeah not sure why I thought he might still be around…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Jay is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My main concern for what's returning... doesn't include incoming freshman. We are small in our front 7.

Averages
    • DE - 6'2" 233
    • DT - 6'2" 272
    • LB - 6'1" 216

On the benchwarmers, they talked about how Quinn moved to offence strategically because they wanted to be smaller on the DL. This was a tragic mistake in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    My main concern for what's returning... doesn't include incoming freshman. We are small in our front 7.

Averages
    • DE - 6'2" 233
    • DT - 6'2" 272
    • LB - 6'1" 216

On the benchwarmers, they talked about how Quinn moved to offence strategically because they wanted to be smaller on the DL. This was a tragic mistake in my opinion.
    If I remember right, the idea was to get smaller and faster so we could defend the read option/running QB offenses better. Well, I am not sure we were able to do that plus now we get pushed around by the power run game. I guess that's an argument for not reinventing yourself when you're on top (despite my agreement in another thread with what the Georgia coach said about changing to stay on top).
    The white jerseys are the best. Don't even bother to argue.

Averages
    • DE - 6'2" 233
    • DT - 6'2" 272
    • LB - 6'1" 216

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    If I remember right, the idea was to get smaller and faster so we could defend the read option/running QB offenses better. Well, I am not sure we were able to do that plus now we get pushed around by the power run game. I guess that's an argument for not reinventing yourself when you're on top (despite my agreement in another thread with what the Georgia coach said about changing to stay on top).
    I agree. How many read option teams actually beat us over the years when we had a big line? 1 or 2? Guarantee our D-line cant stop the SDSU power runs. Heck they struggled with Drakes run game

How good did our small quick line work against UIW?

Smaller quicker linebackers makes sense, but a small d-line and linebackers is a bad combo

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Why not LB? Board had a somewhat similar body and we moved him to LB.
    Not suggesting he can’t play his current position, just saying SS might be possibility.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

My take on the depth chart with a couple position changes...

depth chart pic.jpg

My take on the depth chart with a couple position changes...

depth chart pic.jpg
    Huisman started every game as a redshirt Freshman after Eli Moestart got hurt and he played decent. He's got the best frame at 6-4, 279. A good offseason with Kramer, he could be good 290+ pound player with a ton of reps for a youg guy. Will is kind of a DE if he cant add weight like his brother, or maybe a passing down DT. He started as a DE but moved inside when his brother got hurt, more put of necessity and he was clearly too light. If he can add weight he could be as good as his brother inside. I mean he is a twin lol

We dont know what we have in Toby Anene yet but he looks like a man but McCaslin will be a stud if we can hit 240+. He came in at 222 which is a rag doll at this level. But Derrek Tuszka was almost identical as a true freshman and when he hit 240 he was a hell of a player
    https://gobison.com/sports/football/...r-player-stats

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Bridge Guy View Post
    I guess that's an argument for not reinventing yourself when you're on top (despite my agreement in another thread with what the Georgia coach said about changing to stay on top).
    Someone like CAS should listen to Kirby Smarts pregame discussion from the other night about what he changed on his defense to make it better. But I think the main thing they did Is actually beef up the middle which is our weakness.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Huisman started every game as a redshirt Freshman after Eli Moestart got hurt and he played decent. He's got the best frame at 6-4, 279. A good offseason with Kramer, he could be good 290+ pound player with a ton of reps for a youg guy. Will is kind of a DE if he cant add weight like his brother, or maybe a passing down DT. He started as a DE but moved inside when his brother got hurt, more put of necessity and he was clearly too light. If he can add weight he could be as good as his brother inside. I mean he is a twin lol

We dont know what we have in Toby Anene yet but he looks like a man but McCaslin will be a stud if we can hit 240+. He came in at 222 which is a rag doll at this level. But Derrek Tuszka was almost identical as a true freshman and when he hit 240 he was a hell of a player
    https://gobison.com/sports/football/...r-player-stats
    I def missed him on the depth chart, but he started zero games. But did play his best football in the playoffs.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Averages
    • DE - 6'2" 233
    • DT - 6'2" 272
    • LB - 6'1" 216

Strategery

N. An ill-conceived and/or poorly-executed plan of action by meatheads (which would be considered "strategy" were it not so ill-conceived and/or poorly-executed).
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck