Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

Default Re: 2023 Depth Chart Talk

This year’s team never had great chemistry- too many mistakes all year long.
    Best DI Football Team in the Tri-State Area - AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Dan View Post
    This year’s team never had great chemistry- too many mistakes all year long.
    Ive mentioned to a few of my Bison friends that I thought there was a lack of true player leadership. It’s important to have that, as sometimes those leaders have to be the voice of the players back to the coaches/staff. I know they have all the player leadership panels or whatever, but those seem contrived and are still managed by coaches/staff rather than original messages coming from the players, and sometimes those player messages are in direct contrast to what coaches and staff are doing, saying, planning or even calling on the field. It can and should be uncomfortable and challenging for coaches/staff. It’s ok the “mix it up” a bit from a player-coach/staff relationship standpoint. Change is hard sometimes.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Ive mentioned to a few of my Bison friends that I thought there was a lack of true player leadership. It’s important to have that, as sometimes those leaders have to be the voice of the players back to the coaches/staff. I know they have all the player leadership panels or whatever, but those seem contrived and are still managed by coaches/staff rather than original messages coming from the players, and sometimes those player messages are in direct contrast to what coaches and staff are doing, saying, planning or even calling on the field. It can and should be uncomfortable and challenging for coaches/staff. It’s ok the “mix it up” a bit from a player-coach/staff relationship standpoint. Change is hard sometimes.
    Or, maybe there was leadership from the wrong players. Just a thought from someone on the outside

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    Or, maybe there was leadership from the wrong players. Just a thought from someone on the outside

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Very possible. I have experience that personally. See 1987 season. Personal agendas, animosity and or personal preferences over those of the team.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Very possible. I have experience that personally. See 1987 season. Personal agendas, animosity and or personal preferences over those of the team.
    1987 was my freshman year at ndsu. Knew there were injuries but didn't know there were other issues.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We become leaders when we have good role models. Football players look up to the coaches for direction and will emulate leadership qualities they admire. Easton Stick and Carson Wentz (off the top of my head) had great leadership qualities. I, too, have gotten a sense that there are not true or clear leaders recently and the culture doesn't seem as impressive as years past. When I went to NDSU (as a female I could not play football but I still made observations), we did not use the word "culture' but we knew that the players ideally would have each others backs and would bond over shared goals.

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We can talk about Entz's recruiting now? But I thought we lost our Bison card doing so and the green and gold glasses must stay on on BV.
    SDSU knew they had to do something different to win like the Bison so Stigs recruited like the Bison and look at them now. Entz and his staff on the other hand...well...I've got my glasses on.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Almeida View Post
    We can talk about Entz's recruiting now? But I thought we lost our Bison card doing so and the green and gold glasses must stay on on BV.
    SDSU knew they had to do something different to win like the Bison so Stigs recruited like the Bison and look at them now. Entz and his staff on the other hand...well...I've got my glasses on.
    Since Entz took over recruiting has declined. Lack of big lineman on D especially, lack of tall TEs, etc.

AlumniGreen is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The foundation of football is recruiting. This foundation is crumbling if that is not addressed or rectified.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Which November did we last peak in?

Ten char

Edit: I think there is a case for 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.