Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    haha

Grant has to pass a summer class before he can announce his Alabama commitment.

if someone really wants Grant to stay at NDSU...slip that professor $25k
    This is probably a lie
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This is probably a lie
    I've seen it quite a few places now and that would explain the deal in official announcement oh well.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I've seen it quite a few places now and that would explain the deal in official announcement oh well.
    I'm sure he doesn't want to be made fun of in this alleged summer class so that's the reason for delaying his transfer destination.

So, he announces his intent to go to the NBA, participates in the combine and other NBA activities with a possible change in college as his backup plan, but also decides to pile on by taking a summer class. Got it.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    I'm sure he doesn't want to be made fun of in this alleged summer class so that's the reason for delaying his transfer destination.

So, he announces his intent to go to the NBA, participates in the combine and other NBA activities with a possible change in college as his backup plan, but also decides to pile on by taking a summer class. Got it.
    The word I've received is actually a bit different than that. Word is Grant stopped going to school after spring semester assuming he was getting drafted, then when he pulled out of the draft and was looking to transfer he was short on credits to qualify for a lot of these places. Allegedly the Baylor visit was cancelled because no matter what he tried to take over the summer yet he couldn't catch up to academically qualify for a scholarship. Arkansas and Alabama required less credits to transfer but not surprising if he's having to take a summer class to get enough credits to qualify for a scholarship as a transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    The word I've received is actually a bit different than that. Word is Grant stopped going to school after spring semester assuming he was getting drafted, then when he pulled out of the draft and was looking to transfer he was short on credits to qualify for a lot of these places. Allegedly the Baylor visit was cancelled because no matter what he tried to take over the summer yet he couldn't catch up to academically qualify for a scholarship. Arkansas and Alabama required less credits to transfer but not surprising if he's having to take a summer class to get enough credits to qualify for a scholarship as a transfer.
    Poor planning.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Poor planning.
    Yes and likely mixed with a lot of poor advising.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Yes and likely mixed with a lot of poor advising.
    Yep. Never ever burn a bridge until the deal is done. Keep doing what youve been doing to keep all your options open. Now hes hamstrung himself.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I’d guess many of us have similar situations arise in our lives…. Funny how those bumps end up being there for a reason
    TRUST THE PROCESS

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I’d guess many of us have similar situations arise in our lives…. Funny how those bumps end up being there for a reason
    Almost ALL of my bumps in the road have been self inflicted in some way, usually due to poor planning or listening to others' advice. I assume it is that way for others when I hear such things about their troubles. Unfortunately, most people tend to blame others for their own misfortunes, it seems at least.
    Insert something clever here...

Anyone wonder what the $ value of Grant playing for NDSU would be to NDSU? Should NDSU supporters make him a matching offer to stay?

Or to the Summit? Maybe the Summit should pool some $ and try to make a Summit All Star team to get some NCAA tourney money in return.

Lots of (not so serious) BS here but it is the off-season, this is Bisonville and NIL is making big changes so have to at least think about some things differently.