Page 3 of 44 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Grant Nelson NBA Draft??

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So WTF is he doing at NDSU?????
    Oh I dunno, maybe playing for the home state team that actually recruited him when no high major programs did? Maybe you don't remember but when Grant Nelson committed his only D1 offers were from NDSU and UND. Now he's being ranked in the top 30 NBA draft prospects...but according to a lot of people on here NDSU can't develop talent so obviously he's just done it all by himself

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Oh I dunno, maybe playing for the home state team that actually recruited him when no high major programs did? Maybe you don't remember but when Grant Nelson committed his only D1 offers were from NDSU and UND. Now he's being ranked in the top 30 NBA draft prospects...but according to a lot of people on here NDSU can't develop talent so obviously he's just done it all by himself
    Source?

10char

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Source?

10char
    Same Kjpistons twitter account that posted the highlight video that went viral. He has Grant at 30 and Andrew Rohde from St Thomas as an under the radar freshman at 38.

https://twitter.com/Kjpistons/status...6H9NJbnjkUPHSw

Has also brought some attention to Conner Vanover from ORU who we will see in person tomorrow.

Same Kjpistons twitter account that posted the highlight video that went viral. He has Grant at 30 and Andrew Rohde from St Thomas as an under the radar freshman at 38.

Has also brought some attention to Conner Vanover from ORU who we will see in person tomorrow.
    Lol this is a nobody just posting shit on twitter.

That Vanover cat is 7' 5" but only weighs 227. That is one skinny bean pole. He averages just over 12 points/game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Lol this is a nobody just posting shit on twitter.
    Yes...but a nobody that got a Grant Nelson highlight video over 2 million views which resulted in NBA scouts at the Denver game (according to their broadcast team). Doubt scouts will travel to Fargo for tomorrow nights game but likely to be some in attendance in Tulsa when we play ORU on the road later in the season. Grant, Abmas and Vanover all with pro potential

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    That Vanover cat is 7' 5" but only weighs 227. That is one skinny bean pole. He averages just over 12 points/game.
    Yeah the key is to bully him, he doesn't like to be physical, he'd rather stand at the 3pt line and shoot 3's than be physical in the post. At 7'5" only averages 6.7 rebounds a game, has averaged about 4 blocks per game in league play though and 3.5 on the season.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yeah, I don't mean to be dismissive, but I don't think a random list makes him a top 30 prospect. I'd like to see any list that has him as a top 50 prospect in 23 or 24 first before I'll take his hype seriously.

I do think Nelson is in a prime position to be a 2nd rder by end of next year but he's likely got an uphill battle. I'd be shocked if he truly was a "top 30 2023 prospect" right now

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Yeah, I don't mean to be dismissive, but I don't think a random list makes him a top 30 prospect. I'd like to see any list that has him as a top 50 prospect in 23 or 24 first before I'll take his hype seriously.

I do think Nelson is in a prime position to be a 2nd rder by end of next year but he's likely got an uphill battle. I'd be shocked if he truly was a "top 30 2023 prospect" right now
    I agree, I've said from the moment that video went viral that he's not a 2023 prospect but definitely should be in 2024. Scouts will turn on the film and see the turnovers and see the 21% from 3 on the season and know he needs at least another year of development but my point was he's come a helluva long way from the 6'8" scrawny kid NDSU offered that nobody else wanted to where he is now.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Yes...but a nobody that got a Grant Nelson highlight video over 2 million views which resulted in NBA scouts at the Denver game (according to their broadcast team). Doubt scouts will travel to Fargo for tomorrow nights game but likely to be some in attendance in Tulsa when we play ORU on the road later in the season. Grant, Abmas and Vanover all with pro potential
    If you don't think scouts new about Nelson before some Twitter video from a random account, I don't know what to tell you.